US Soldiers gunned down in the street in Iraq

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article6360.htm

By Lech Mintowt-czyz

21 June 2004 "Evening Standard" --
This is the latest picture to shock America and pile even greater pressure on George Bush over Iraq.

Sprawled on the floor with their kit strewn around them, these four US Army soldiers were killed in an ambush in the Sunni Muslim city of Ramadi, west of Baghdad.

Still in their uniforms, the men died as they patrolled a building site, local residents said.

The image emerged today after videotape of the corpses was delivered to the offices of an American press agency but it was unclear exactly when they had died.

No group has claimed responsibility for the killings but Ramadi is part of the so-called Sunni triangle outside Baghdad which has been at the heart of an insurgency bent on expelling US-led troops from Iraq.
Warning, there are images of the dead American soldiers.

Condolences to their colleagues, friends and family.

Mr Happy

LE
I notice all four bodies (if the pictures show seperately the four and not 2/3 from different angles) look posed, e.g. the left leg lifted slightly over the right - bit of a coincidence no?

I thought it looked staged, I hope it isn't 4 dead yankee squaddies, actually I hope it isn't 4 dead squaddies of any of the coalition forces.

Reports in the States say they were Marines...not Army. The Marines are a proud bunch and do not take being called a soldier lightly.

Anyway, that's neither here nor there. My question is what where they doing on their own?

Mr Happy

LE
BloodThirstyWench said:
Reports in the States say they were Marines...not Army. The Marines are a proud bunch and do not take being called a soldier lightly.
I know five Marines and they're all a bit skew wiff - like they've something to prove by bouncing people of their pecks all the time.... The exception is the Maj. so I guess 'shit really can't climb that high'...