US soldier surprises daughter, homecoming.

Was that because the cadet drill was so woeful or because they had called the poor girl KENDALL and she still gave him a hug?

Any welcome is good.... no matter how tacky.

Better than coming home to Dover AFB

When my company came home from Baghdad in October 2005 it was 3am at McGuire AFB in New Jersey. We were greeted at the tarmac by the 2 star and bussed to barracks. As we walked in the Cold (to us) night air we turned the corner and there were about 50 family members waiting for us and the VVA.

The Vietnam Vets of America had set up a BBQ and Beer for us and had waited for an expected 5pm arrival. To see those now Old vets waiting with food and cold beer and tears in their eyes welcoming us was kinda dusty.

Well. after my Falklands tour, i was dropped in Swindon and had to second guess my PIN number to buy a train ticket so I could d get to my unit.

so I went home...3 weeks leave, unit wasnt happy as I hadn't paid for the 300 mile trip to be told offically I was on leave and then travel the 340 miles to London where I wanted to be on leave.

Like my mate 20 miles upwind testing for nasties in the first gulf war..... got a bluey from his wife saying he had been posted AWOL as he had not turned up to his new unit in Germany and so his wages had been stopped and she now had to claim benefit to feed the kids.

We met him at "THE" MK1 CLUSTERFUCK. (the one where the hold doors froze but all the families could see each other through the panes of glass for 4 hours but couldn't be processed by customs) for meeting you family at BZ, prison families are treated far better, we finally had him in the car and away, the wife didnt know why this guy wanted to repeatedly show her AK47 Bayonets and acted like he was drunk..... a thing that was fixed 6 hours later. 24 hours later and he was 99% right.

so I went home...3 weeks leave, unit wasnt happy as I hadn't paid for the 300 mile trip to be told offically I was on leave and then travel the 340 miles to London where I wanted to be on leave.

Like my mate 20 miles upwind testing for nasties in the first gulf war..... got a bluey from his wife saying he had been posted AWOL as he had not turned up to his new unit in Germany and so his wages had been stopped and she now had to claim benefit to feed the kids.

We met him at "THE" MK1 CLUSTERFUCK. for meeting you family at BZ, prison families are treated far better, after 4 hours we had him in the car and away, the wife didnt know why this guy wanted to repeatedly show her AK47 Bayonets and acted like he was drunk..... a thing that was fixed 6 hours later.
Hi Mick, hand yourself into the Untruth Police immediately.