US Soldier Shot Video

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by SmithsRail, Sep 30, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Click the report offensive content button rather than view it please. The video is obviously designed to get spread as far as possible through the use of hundreds of military search terms in its description.

2. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Offensive on what grounds? Because its one of ours getting shot and not one of theirs? We've all got vid from Iraq and Afghanistan with Terry getting hit with everything from 5.56 to 1000lb JDAM and everything in between.

Whilst it is never nice to see one of our own if we insist on it being taken down then surely the same applies to the hundreds of vids on youtube showing our perspective.

3. Seen this one today in its full version on BT3A.

He gets hit in the plate and lives.

Still sh1t to get hit but the guy walks away, eventually :)

Edited to add, haven't looked to see if it has been removed from BT3A but search for it and it has an happy ending.

4. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

Nah, fcuk that, this sort of sh1t is bang out of order. Look at all the 'go jihad' scrawl on it. It's insurgent 'hoorah/backslapping' propaganda, and it should be well out of the public eye.

5. I can understand the knee jerk reaction whenever censorship is mentioned as it goes against freedom of speech but.
    1) The Youtube Account was created today.
    2) The user posted one video.
    3) The video depicted the murder of an American soldier(!)
    4) The video's description field has been maxed out with what looks like pre-canned copy/paste keywords designed to reach the widest audience.

You see where I'm going?

I have the classic videos of fastest-man-in-iraq etc but I keep them fairly private and don't spam them on popular video sharing websites with the intent to support a cause.

Perhaps I'm wrong and its a socially-retarded american kid who thinks its cool but I suspect I was right the first time.
    Either way it won't be there in 48hrs.

6. Perspective?? My ghast is flabbered. Youre almost comparing johnny jihad to us ffs.

7. Do you agree that then all of the ones from our perspective should be band too then?

Do you even notice that everytime you watch the news and see some FAC or someone calling in Air Support/Airstrike that theres more of there dieing simultaneously. Not a nice world we live in but here never the less.

Edit: just too add I in no way aggree with the Taliban way of life or their regime, however I do sympathise with the people that are fighting just because we're on their turf.

What would you do if someone landed in your back yard? (by yard I mean country :)

*INCOMING*

8. Command_doh

Ah well, its gone now, so job done.

9. Already removed.

10. Like I said. ;)

11. Command_doh

Mate, you are clearly mistaking a Jihadi/AQ recruitment video/hate message with 'objective' (call it what you will) journalism and reporting of the free press. They are totally different things, so your comparison is null and void.

12. A matter of oppinion.

13. More to the point C_d would you like a link to the NUMEROUS amounts of video from US Soldiers shooting/filming dead Taliban that has been up for 1 or maybe 2 years?

14. I would.

Nothing cheers my day up more than seeing a plethora of rotting ragheads