US Soldier live firing in the UK... help!

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by Bravo_Bravo, Apr 18, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. My TA unit will be hosting a Septic later this year durng transition to Field Firing. The troops will have had to undergo set training and exercises prior to this, how can we fit an American into the plan? He'll only be here during our AT.

He will not be bringing his own firearms, just using our A2.

2. Teach him the weapon,do the test.NATO soldiers fire weapons in each other's countries (and other people's) all the time.What H & S/Legal nazi sparked this enquiry?

Germans at Castlemartin.
    RNLMC at Otterburn/Lulworth/Garelochhead
    Belgians at SPTA
    US in East Anglia

don't seem to have any problem

Oh and ask your SPSI.............
  3. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Use him as a Fig 11 target? :D
  4. I know that other Nations fire weapons when abroad, but the bloke will be in our ORBAT as an individual. The RCO would need to ensure he'd done the requisite tests / training / live fires before, I assume?
  5. Ask the RCO or don't let him fire.
  6. Make sure everyone wears Anti Fratricide panels, drapes flags across their kit and so on..

Also take some body bags as orange panels and targets are indistiguishable to our colnial cousins!
  7. Familiarisation, WHT and an extra saftey for him alone should do it. All bases covered.
  8. Just issue him blanks :)
  9. Dress him up as a Cloggie and fire a Javelin into him
  10. DanBat wasn't it?
  11. If he's passed WHT's and the required transition to field firing shoots, he's good to go.
  12. " the required transition to field firing shoots" is the problem.
  13. When I was in we had loads of foreign soldiers come live firing with us including stage 5 with us, there is not problem you just treat them as a normal tom and get on with it, no special case required. Unless he/she is not up to standard then they are unable take part. It a well worked and standard format, the British Forces have been doing it for years, it called the exchange programme.
  14. "When I was in" - sorry, but I'm trying to get up to date info. His visit is part of the Exchange programme.
  15. msr

msr LE

Ask the organiser?