US Soldier Kills Afghan Civillians

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Infiltrator, Mar 11, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A change is as good as a rest, they say.

Edited to add: So the afghastlies reacted to a nutter shooting some afghastlies, by killing more afghastlies.

"US officials apologised, but the incident sparked a series of protests and attacks that killed at least 30 people and six US troops."

Ghastly really.

2. Must have been a Yank postie.

3. I think that quote was referring to the Quran incident still. But im sure there will be loads more after this unfortunately.

4. Well at least he didnt burn any books, give their families a few pennies and they will be fine about it all; but burn a book............................

5. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

USAF not flying that day?
    Sad that cuts means they have to sub the work out.

It seems really easy just to book yourself out and wander off - don't they have tight controls it's only a few months since we lost a young soldier in similler circumstances.

6. You may be right, my post was after a hurried read in between rubbing the sleep out of my eyes and sipping scalding hot coffee this morning after a night on the London Pride.

Thinking about it, my main reaction to the OP's news link is one of fatigue.

7. Well the number of times ANA people have killed ISAF personnel and the recent incident what goes around comes around .

• Like Like x 1
  8. it makes you glad that these guys are on our side...

9. I think that had the guy shot and killed ANA I would have agreed. For you to suggest that killing women and children is retribution for those rogue elements of ANA that have done for coalition troops smacks of My Lai. All Vietnamese are Vietcong and deserve to die eh?

• Like Like x 3
  10. He does not seem to have been very selective, just walked off base and let rip, nervous breakdown they say, poor bugger, might be those long Septic tours.

Not a diagnosis you hear when a ANA guy goes postal but unfortunately the effect will be much the same, more dead USAF folk. Kandahar Terry will be delighted, obviously not as useful as staging a Quran barbecue but a little sweetener for them.

11. "wibble"

12. Tytus_Barnowl

Tytus_Barnowl On ROPs

I vaguely remember something similar happened in NI 79. As I recall he was shot by his pl sgt before he could do any more damage.
    Are the yanks just allowed to wander off base?

13. It would be a mistake to think that "wandering off base" could only happen with our allies. Another point is that we know nothing at this stage about how long this US soldier had been in theatre, so it is a bit premature to discuss 12 month tours on the basis of this incident.

14. According to Sky, 16 killed which includes 9 children.