US Sky Marshal Negligent Discharge

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Dog-faced-soldier, Mar 25, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just picke up a news piece on the TV that a US Sky Marshal has "accidentally discharged" his firearm during a flight.
    No one was injured but the aircraft was damaged.

I am prepared to bet that his firearm was one of the the oh so safe Glocks as issued to our own police.

Somehow I am not reasured by having armed security on aircraft.

2. And the alternative in case of hijack is? It's so easy to criticise but much more difficult to come up with another solution. As for NDs , unfortunately as long as we have humans handling weapons they will happen.

3. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

The solution is screening and security before people get on the aircraft. Duh. Why would weapons on a plane be a good thing?

4. weapons would be good in case snakes got loose like in that film. ive forgotten what it was called.

5. It wasn't a Sky Marshall as such, it was the PILOT.

6. Tens of thousands of flights….statistically it is going to happen. Thankfully no one was injured.

7. I thought they were only armed with tasers. :?

8. When I first left the Army, I worked for BA at Heathrow. There were more countries than you would think that used sky marshals on their aircraft, the obvious one being El Al.

Heathrow Police used to talk about the occasional ND. Police would rock up to the aircraft after the pax disembarked to take the weapons into the Heathrow armoury, and when these guys were unloading their weapons, Bang!. they also used to talk about the very poor state of the weapons - ie they would unload the magazine and occasional it was rusty. Not sure that this applied to El Al who must be more switched on....

9. Guns dont ND themselves Mutt Mush Squaddie.

10. reminds me of the vid of that septic DEA officer who shot himself in the foot with a glock 40 whilst doing a gun safety lecture at a SCHOOL!

LMAO.

Americans are generally the problem here. SH1T DRILLS!

watch it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaZcDFF-ox4&feature=related

"Hey Brian..bring that other gun up here! (hide!!)".

11. Here we go:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/03/25/national/main3965159.shtml

12. Yeah I saw that DEA school lecture ND a few weeks ago - couldn't beleive it - numpty.

Almost on a par with that yank that got skelped with the ricochet from his .50cal barrett rifle - he was lucky it only hit his ear defender - pure class.

I know of a chap who's name had been bandied about as being an "infamous" victim of an ND by the chap on the firing point next to him. I met him on a course last year sporting a couple of self cauterised entry and exit wounds in his leg. lucky guy.

if you're reading this Steven D*****t RLC hope you're well :D

13. You are quite right. equally there are very few occasions where the term "accidental discharge" is appropriate. "You pulled the trigger and it went off, how is that an accident?"

14. My bold. The alternative is not allowing weapons on the plane and locking the cockpit door.

15. "We know that there was never any danger to the aircraft or to the occupants on board,"

Oh fukin really! That bullet had to go somewhere. And there are not many places in an aircraft for it to go except into the aircraft or into a body. there was significant danger. It is sheer luck that a tragedy didnt happen.