US servicemen killed in Iraq

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by semper, Jun 20, 2006.

?
  1. take as many down with you as you can

90.9%
  2. Surrender hoping they will spare you and release you for ransom money

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Run Away..........

9.1%

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. regarding the sad events where the captured US servicemen were killed, i wonder how they were captured, given the recent cases of victims having their head chopped off.
    i would rather go down fighting taking as many with me as i can, so they will think twice about capturing any future servicemen, while at the same time reducing the number of insurgents as i can.

i think the hypocrisy stinks , they berate us for mistreatments of prisoners, when they happily mutilate and torture prisoners themselves.

2. Edited by myself to delete post

3. The one thing we learnt when we were fighting these nasty little wars, was never surrender for if you did you faced a long and painful death. You might as well die fighting and taking as many of them with you rather than be tortured to death.

4. When you're wounded and left on Afghanistan's plains,
    and the women come out to cut up what remains,
    jest roll to your rifle and blow out your brains
    and go to your gawd like a soldier.

Kipling

full poem - which is great - here

The Young British Soldier

5. Surrendering and getting mercy isn't an option.

Take as many as you can and save the last 1 for yourself.

6. what a shite thread, mods............to the ARRSE HOLE!!

7. Notwithstanding the above, you have to ask - like the original post - how they got lifted from their own VCP, if that is what happened. Does anyone know the details yet? Are there any lessons to be learned?

8. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

The thread echoes some of the bollox spouted elsewhere on this site by people who are a disgrace.

9. I'm not jumping on the band-wagon now that some mods are taking a dim view of this thread. I just wanted to say that Rumrunner's post pretty much summed up what I had been feeling about this thread, and it made some good points. I have only just noticed that he removed it himself, so thought I'd say that his post was quite right.

10. While the basis of the question is an interesting one (and is often considered by civi and soldier alike: "how would I deal with any given situation?")....

.....this is at best, a juvenile thread to discuss - and at worst, smacks of 'waltism'

(grow up........to the arrse-hole with it)

11. Mmmmmmmmmmm, still getting a lot of votes in the poll though, myself included, for which I feel absolutely NO shame, am i bad, a walt, or not high-brow enough to join in with this one? I dunno.