US scientist charged with spying

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by KGB_resident, Oct 20, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

It is a big mistake to think that 'Jewish' appearance and excellent Hebrew is a sufficient proof of 'Israelness'. By the way, some cadets at the High Scholl of KGB studied Hebrew professionally. I know it from my wife who was a cadet in the School many years ago.
  2. Thats nothing to the 78,000 K.G.B agents you have in the west, ha ha. :wink:
  3. Yeah, whatever! That doesn't happen to be the subject of the thread, in case you hadn't noticed.

I wonder if this fella's motivation was idealogical or financial. Seems a bit of a rum affair anyway.

But "Nozette" is rather an unusual name, innit? Sounds like a member of a backing group: "Frankie Schnozz and the Nozettes", or something.

4. i dont think he was charged because it wasnt an isreali in the end :) its more the fact he was wanting to hand over state secrets.
  5. This modern world confuses me. During the Cold War we were brought up to believe that the Israelis were our friends, helping to defend us against the Russian communist hordes. Then the communist hordes disappeared and the Israelis were still our friends, until shortly after Gulf War 2, when the BBC turned against them. I still do not know why. And now we are facing Russian hordes (who are no communist), so we have ended up with two potential enemy countries instead of one. It's all a big puzzle to an old man like me.

Taxi, the Rest Home please.
  6. ? you still dont hand over state secrets to a friendly country unless authorised by your higher ups.

the yanks are just lucky it was an fbi agent and someone under someone elses employment