US, Russia agree on arms treaty & plan to sign it in Prague

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by KGB_resident, Mar 24, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100324/ap_on_re_us/us_russia_nuclear

Such a coincidece. I plan to visit Prague soon.

2. At ****ing last. The agreement, I mean, not your visit.

3. Good news although surprised it hasn't happened soon. When you both own enough nuclear weapons to effectively destroy the world three or four times over, cutting the numbers so you both only have enough to destroy the world twice over and reduce the related costs seems fairly logical to me. Having redundancy is good but above a certain point just gets a little bit silly.

4. I agree. It's akin to two men sitting in a vat of petrol and arguing who has the most matches.

5. Of course this will mean that other nuclear powers will be under pressure to announce cuts in their own arsenals...

6. By the way I stayed in Hilton where pres.Obama decided to stay and saw a lot of our American friends (security personnel). It's interesting are there arrsers among them?

Out of the theme. That time there were riots in Kyrgyzstan and I suspect that some representatives of the ousted pres.Bakiyev flew to Prague to seek a support from the Americans. One Asian looking guy asked in Russian another one (who apparently just have shaved his beard) - how deep in the swimming pool? I answered - one and half meter.