US researched "Gay Bomb"

#1
How about these ideas as examples of lateral thinking on weapon development?

Look here

Brilliant :D
 

OldSnowy

LE
Moderator
Book Reviewer
#2
Brilliant! Thinking 'outiside the box', whatever that means. My favourite:

"In a variation on that idea, researchers pondered a "Who? Me?" bomb, which would simulate flatulence in enemy ranks.

Indeed, a "Who? Me?" device had been under consideration since 1945, the government papers say.

However, researchers concluded that the premise for such a device was fatally flawed because "people in many areas of the world do not find faecal odour offensive, since they smell it on a regular basis".
"

I think that this evil weapon is actually already in use. At home I am frequently accused of this (usually after ingestion of the precursor elements, beer and curry). Those damned Yankees have already struck!
 
#4
OldSnowy said:
Brilliant! Thinking 'outiside the box', whatever that means. My favourite:

"In a variation on that idea, researchers pondered a "Who? Me?" bomb, which would simulate flatulence in enemy ranks.

Indeed, a "Who? Me?" device had been under consideration since 1945, the government papers say.

However, researchers concluded that the premise for such a device was fatally flawed because "people in many areas of the world do not find faecal odour offensive, since they smell it on a regular basis".
"

I think that this evil weapon is actually already in use. At home I am frequently accused of this (usually after ingestion of the precursor elements, beer and curry). Those damned Yankees have already struck!
It must have been deployed here as well. Last night I think :D
 
#5
"In a variation on that idea, researchers pondered a "Who? Me?" bomb, which would simulate flatulence in enemy ranks."


Think they've been using my husband as a guinea pig on this one :omfg:
 
#6
In Robert Heinlein's book, Starship Troopers, there was a psych warfare weapon called the 30-second bomb.

It sat there going "I am a 30 second bomb! I am a thirty second bomb! Twenty-nine! Twenty-eight! Twenty-seven!..."

You've got to love this kind of inventive nastiness, it's a bit like doing the booby-trap part of an Assault Pioneer cadre.
 

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
#7
The US used the Gay Bomb against Britain during the Suez crisis as a warning to the UK to back off.

They did a 'nagasaki' on Brighton.
 
#8
Biped said:
The US used the Gay Bomb against Britain during the Suez crisis as a warning to the UK to back off.

They did a 'nagasaki' on Brighton.
Seems that some of the fallout reached the ITC at Catterick!
 
#9
So, how exactly do you make gay men explode?

Actually, I think I should phrase that one a little differently...
 

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
#10
However, researchers concluded that the premise for such a device was fatally flawed because "people in many areas of the world do not find faecal odour offensive, since they smell it on a regular basis".
Thats a rethink on softening up Sunderland then?
 
#11
The gay bomb was a failure instead of going bang it just went poof!


please give me a headstart to the door

WW
 
#12
Should they call it a suasage jockey bomb
 
#13
Ozduke said:
But what if one leaked and the pilot came down a real sissy?
That has already happened already has it not how else can you explain the well dress gentleman pilots of crab air? :p

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4174519.stm

The US military investigated building a "gay bomb", which would make enemy soldiers "sexually irresistible" to each other, government papers say.
erm i have seen this Gay bomb at work! there i was thinking it was just ab effect of 10 pints of wifebeater and a room full of bezzers 8O


wheelchairwarrier :p on your marks! get set! ............................. Go :)
 
#15
#16
Never mind all that bum love stuff they wanted to do this....

Scientists also reportedly considered a "sting me/attack me" chemical weapon to attract swarms of enraged wasps or angry rats towards enemy troops.
Farkin brilliant idea we could wait until Al Qaida are all bumming the shit out of each other and then drop a wasps nest on them followed by angry rats (how do you get a rat angry?). Saying that it's probably against their human rights so best not.
 
#17
This screaming gay bomb reminds me of a documentary I saw on ch4 a few years back where this top military guy in the US army had millions invested in physic research (I think in the 60's and 70's) with such things as:

- Making US soldiers stop their enemie's heart stop by 'thinking it' (somehow I think a bullet might be a tad quicker).

- US soldiers, with the ability of their mind, could walk through walls (I mean ghost like, not Hulk like)

Of course the guy was a complete loon.

It could have been on BBC2, or it could have been another bloody dream....
 
#18
Hang on, there is a book about it called The Men who stare at Goats (!) by Jon Ronson

Book Description (from amazon):

In 1979 a secret unit was established by the most gifted minds within the U.S. Army. Defying all known accepted military practice -- and indeed, the laws of physics -- they believed that a soldier could adopt a cloak of invisibility, pass cleanly through walls, and, perhaps most chillingly, kill goats just by staring at them.

Entrusted with defending America from all known adversaries, they were the First Earth Battalion. And they really weren't joking. What's more, they're back and fighting the War on Terror.

With firsthand access to the leading players in the story, Ronson traces the evolution of these bizarre activities over the past three decades and shows how they are alive today within the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and in postwar Iraq. Why are they blasting Iraqi prisoners of war with the theme tune to Barney the Purple Dinosaur? Why have 100 debleated goats been secretly placed inside the Special Forces Command Center at Fort Bragg, North Carolina? How was the U.S. military associated with the mysterious mass suicide of a strange cult from San Diego? The Men Who Stare at Goats answers these and many more questions.

Ronson's Them: Adventures with Extremists, a highly acclaimed international bestseller, examined the paranoia at the fringes of hate-filled extremist movements around the globe. The Men Who Stare at Goats reveals extraordinary and very nutty military secrets at the core of George W. Bush's War on Terror.
 
#19
frog_face said:
Hang on, there is a book about it called The Men who stare at Goats (!) by Jon Ronson

Book Description (from amazon):

In 1979 a secret unit was established by the most gifted minds within the U.S. Army. Defying all known accepted military practice -- and indeed, the laws of physics -- they believed that a soldier could adopt a cloak of invisibility, pass cleanly through walls, and, perhaps most chillingly, kill goats just by staring at them.

Entrusted with defending America from all known adversaries, they were the First Earth Battalion. And they really weren't joking. What's more, they're back and fighting the War on Terror.

With firsthand access to the leading players in the story, Ronson traces the evolution of these bizarre activities over the past three decades and shows how they are alive today within the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and in postwar Iraq. Why are they blasting Iraqi prisoners of war with the theme tune to Barney the Purple Dinosaur? Why have 100 debleated goats been secretly placed inside the Special Forces Command Center at Fort Bragg, North Carolina? How was the U.S. military associated with the mysterious mass suicide of a strange cult from San Diego? The Men Who Stare at Goats answers these and many more questions.

Ronson's Them: Adventures with Extremists, a highly acclaimed international bestseller, examined the paranoia at the fringes of hate-filled extremist movements around the globe. The Men Who Stare at Goats reveals extraordinary and very nutty military secrets at the core of George W. Bush's War on Terror.
I have this in the house its insane , i recommend it :D
 

Similar threads

New Posts

Latest Threads

Top