US researched "Gay Bomb"

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by in_the_cheapseats, Jun 4, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

How about these ideas as examples of lateral thinking on weapon development?

Look here

Brilliant :D
  2. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

Brilliant! Thinking 'outiside the box', whatever that means. My favourite:

"In a variation on that idea, researchers pondered a "Who? Me?" bomb, which would simulate flatulence in enemy ranks.

Indeed, a "Who? Me?" device had been under consideration since 1945, the government papers say.

However, researchers concluded that the premise for such a device was fatally flawed because "people in many areas of the world do not find faecal odour offensive, since they smell it on a regular basis".

I think that this evil weapon is actually already in use. At home I am frequently accused of this (usually after ingestion of the precursor elements, beer and curry). Those damned Yankees have already struck!
  3. But what if one leaked and the pilot came down a real sissy?
  4. It must have been deployed here as well. Last night I think :D
  5. "In a variation on that idea, researchers pondered a "Who? Me?" bomb, which would simulate flatulence in enemy ranks."

Think they've been using my husband as a guinea pig on this one :omfg:
  6. In Robert Heinlein's book, Starship Troopers, there was a psych warfare weapon called the 30-second bomb.

It sat there going "I am a 30 second bomb! I am a thirty second bomb! Twenty-nine! Twenty-eight! Twenty-seven!..."

You've got to love this kind of inventive nastiness, it's a bit like doing the booby-trap part of an Assault Pioneer cadre.
  7. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

The US used the Gay Bomb against Britain during the Suez crisis as a warning to the UK to back off.

They did a 'nagasaki' on Brighton.
  8. Seems that some of the fallout reached the ITC at Catterick!
  9. So, how exactly do you make gay men explode?

Actually, I think I should phrase that one a little differently...
  10. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Thats a rethink on softening up Sunderland then?
  11. The gay bomb was a failure instead of going bang it just went poof!

please give me a headstart to the door

12. Should they call it a suasage jockey bomb
  13. That has already happened already has it not how else can you explain the well dress gentleman pilots of crab air? :p

erm i have seen this Gay bomb at work! there i was thinking it was just ab effect of 10 pints of wifebeater and a room full of bezzers 8O

wheelchairwarrier :p on your marks! get set! ............................. Go :)
  14. A combination of the gay bomb and the flatulence bomb doesn't bear thinking about.