US regulator tells operators to upgrade Boeing 737 777 jets

This sort of painstaking, no stone left unturned approach to safety is why flying to the other side of the world is now measurably safer than the drive from home to the airport. It also makes my working day unutterably tedious from time to time, but you can't win them all. The attitude Ryanair take to such things is why I don't fly with them, low prices be damned.

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
This sort of painstaking, no stone left unturned approach to safety is why flying to the other side of the world is now measurably safer than the drive from home to the airport. It also makes my working day unutterably tedious from time to time, but you can't win them all. The attitude Ryanair take to such things is why I don't fly with them, low prices be damned.

I find much the same in my job, albeit at a much lower level, I refuse to compromise on the quality of work or materials, some clients go elsewhere, but the majority stay with me as they only have to pay once !
do it right first time

Couldn't agree more, sadly an awful lot of the general public don't understand "Flight Safety is no accident"

cue innumerable conversations along the lines of
" Why are phones banned if you don't know they will cause a problem, why not wait until you know they will"
or " if you don't know for sure that volcanic ash will damage an engine, why not let them fly".

Actually Ryanair, despite O'Leary's gobbing off, are pretty strict about following rules and regulations, since they know that they are being watched. If EASA copies this AD, it will become law for all EU registered aircraft of this type and O'Leary will have no choice than to dig into his pockets ( six display units each for 300 aircraft won't come cheap).
Of course, O'Leary is playing to the uneducated DM reader, for whom it is all a devilish EU plot to take his I-Phone from him.
It is the same when many EU standards are looked at a bit more closely and when one looks at the real reasons (e.g. the size and shape classifications for vegetables were not written for the norml housewife cooking in her kitchen, but for the food industry, which wanted to make sure that the veg they bought would fit into their machines).

Sixter

Clanker
Potential serious problem with organised crime falsifying certification of US Navy and civilian Boeing 737 airliner parts

Aviation safety whistleblower Charles Shi worked at Moog Aviation as East Asia Supply Chain Manager from 2006 to 2016 which manufactures parts for airliners.

He alleges he discovered documents certifying parts as safe were being falsified.
Apparent falsification of 'material specification' meant that some parts from NHJ and their uncertified and concealed sub-contractors used substitute materials, sub-standard Aluminium and Steel, for 20 or so 'critical parts' and one 'single point of failure' Boeing 737 spoiler part.

NHJ also failed to use traceability as specified in international aviation agreements. These aircraft part safety failings affect up to 500 Boeing 737 airliners which Charles Shi suggests people should not fly in until this issue is properly resolved.
Moog, Inc. - Precision motion control products, systems, servovalves, actuators
Whistleblower: A Matter Of Extraordinary Aircraft Safety Threat ? quantumconnections.net

Couldn't agree more, sadly an awful lot of the general public don't understand "Flight Safety is no accident"

cue innumerable conversations along the lines of
" Why are phones banned if you don't know they will cause a problem, why not wait until you know they will"
or " if you don't know for sure that volcanic ash will damage an engine, why not let them fly".
I get the same crap from people in my job:" well it didn't go off so it must be harmless".

Pilots are all mollycoddled today. So what if the screens go blank? Any pilot worth his salt should be able to fly by the seat of his pants keeping one eye on the emergency artificial horizon and the other looking down a large, brass sextant to find out where he is. No GPS in my day. Didn't stop Columbus finding America etc etc

And if the pilot's a woman, she should be back aft handing out coffee to sweaty, lecherous businessmen who will very obviously stare down her blouse every time she leans over to serve them.

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
RIP
Bring back the astrodome.

Potential serious problem with organised crime falsifying certification of US Navy and civilian Boeing 737 airliner parts

Aviation safety whistleblower Charles Shi worked at Moog Aviation as East Asia Supply Chain Manager from 2006 to 2016 which manufactures parts for airliners.

He alleges he discovered documents certifying parts as safe were being falsified.
Apparent falsification of 'material specification' meant that some parts from NHJ and their uncertified and concealed sub-contractors used substitute materials, sub-standard Aluminium and Steel, for 20 or so 'critical parts' and one 'single point of failure' Boeing 737 spoiler part.

NHJ also failed to use traceability as specified in international aviation agreements. These aircraft part safety failings affect up to 500 Boeing 737 airliners which Charles Shi suggests people should not fly in until this issue is properly resolved.
Moog, Inc. - Precision motion control products, systems, servovalves, actuators
Whistleblower: A Matter Of Extraordinary Aircraft Safety Threat ? quantumconnections.net

This is happening all the time, a previous case involved 747 parts, this was so integrated that a survey ao the Air Force One fleet found conterfiet parts fitted and in store.

Last edited:
Pilots are all mollycoddled today. So what if the screens go blank? Any pilot worth his salt should be able to fly by the seat of his pants keeping one eye on the emergency artificial horizon and the other looking down a large, brass sextant to find out where he is. No GPS in my day. Didn't stop Columbus finding America etc etc

And if the pilot's a woman, she should be back aft handing out coffee to sweaty, lecherous businessmen who will very obviously stare down her blouse every time she leans over to serve them.
They are so mollycoddled that they can't fly without autoland, you only have to look at the youtube vids of airlines trying to land on a breezy day when ILS is down.

Not being flash but.....we often fly on private jets and have never had to turn phones off....
How come smaller ...ie 8 to 14 seat Biz Jets don't have an issue ?

You do know that Autoland has lower wind limit capabilities than the pilots and is only generally used in low visibility sendings such as fog where typically wind speeds are low?

Not being flash but.....we often fly on private jets and have never had to turn phones off....
How come smaller ...ie 8 to 14 seat Biz Jets don't have an issue ?

I think a lot of bizjets, certainly those delivered in the past decade, are fitted with their own cell so the onboard phones can operate at very low power; they just communicate with the cell radio, which relays to whatever tower it can see ( or by SATCOM if it's really spiffy ).

Compared to airliners, which generally don't have a cell so the passengers' phones are constantly running at high-power and switching between terrestrial cells as they flash by. Multiplied by 200 or whatever, lots of noise.

Next time you're onboard have a look to see to which network you're connected.

Sixter

Clanker
A Matter of FAA Oversight And Extraordinary Aircraft Safety Threat
The matter concerns a Chinese supplier knowingly in an organised way forged material certification and used substitute material in making bogus Single point of failure parts (SPOF) of Boeing B737 spoiler through Moog Aircraft Group who knowingly misrepresented the material facts and covered up the massive criminality by fraud. The Boeing airplanes affected are between 300-500 unit, 19 of them sold to US Navy. FAA has now concluded a violation of an order, regulation or standard of the FAA related to air carrier safety occurred. However, FAA has not worked with law enforcement agencies(LEA) according to its own internal procedure in uncovering the complete criminality despite reaching the violation finding.The FAA reported corrective actions did not recall any bogus parts from Boeing airplanes, therefore the safety threat are not removed at all. Therefore, I am seeking US lawmakers and press intervention and weigh in FAA working with LEA getting the matter of public interest completely uncovered to ensure air traveller's safety. I shall release to you in a Onedrive folder of a short version of rebutall to FAA investigation report once your interest in my case is advised.
Charles Shi Cell and whatsapp: +86 17717283030
Email:charlesshi88@outlook.com
Facetime : charlesshi88@outlook.com
Skpye: charles20160318
Linkedin: charles shi
Twitter: charlesshi888
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/charles.shi.779

A Matter of FAA Oversight And Extraordinary Aircraft Safety Threat
The matter concerns a Chinese supplier knowingly in an organised way forged material certification and used substitute material in making bogus Single point of failure parts (SPOF) of Boeing B737 spoiler through Moog Aircraft Group who knowingly misrepresented the material facts and covered up the massive criminality by fraud. The Boeing airplanes affected are between 300-500 unit, 19 of them sold to US Navy. FAA has now concluded a violation of an order, regulation or standard of the FAA related to air carrier safety occurred. However, FAA has not worked with law enforcement agencies(LEA) according to its own internal procedure in uncovering the complete criminality despite reaching the violation finding.The FAA reported corrective actions did not recall any bogus parts from Boeing airplanes, therefore the safety threat are not removed at all. Therefore, I am seeking US lawmakers and press intervention and weigh in FAA working with LEA getting the matter of public interest completely uncovered to ensure air traveller's safety. I shall release to you in a Onedrive folder of a short version of rebutall to FAA investigation report once your interest in my case is advised.
Charles Shi Cell and whatsapp: +86 17717283030
Email:charlesshi88@outlook.com
Facetime : charlesshi88@outlook.com
Skpye: charles20160318
Linkedin: charles shi
Twitter: charlesshi888
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/charles.shi.779

A brave bloke. This level of criminality may well have nasty consequences for him.

Latest Threads