US pulls out of UNHRC

Jose gets his 7th kid delivered on my dime.
Amazing isn't it?
Mexican illegal immigration to the US equals a good thing.
South American illegal immigration to Mexico equals a bad thing.
Go figure!

But hey... Shaneeka can get her free birth control/abortions, cleetus gets his new dental implants and Jose gets his 7th kid delivered on my dime.
Gives you a warm fuzzy glow doesn’t it? You can sleep soundly in the knowledge that Shaneeka’s base offspring will not be mugging you in twenty years time, Cleetus won’t be so consumed with toothache that he smashes his van into you, and José’s many children will be bringing you your Big Mac presently.

But these are centuries old debates on the role and responsibilities of the individual to society and the responsibility of society to the individual.

Differing traditions on either side of the pond. Nothing wrong with that.

It’s interesting your choice of names though. US wealth is to an extent built on black labour - often provided for free.
The interpretation of society doesn’t involve support for the Labour that made you wealthy.
Bold = good debate

The rest - Lefty SJW BS. US wealth is built on Black labor? - You couldn't be more wrong.

Anecdotally - I employ 12-14 people at any one time... I have zero blacks currently. Maybe only three have tried in 14 years. Go to any Construction site and tell me how many Blacks are working there. Go to the oil refineries here in L.A. The farms in the valley.

Now if you said a lot of wealth is built off cheap Latino workers, you would have a valid point.

I live in California and the wealth will blow you away. I work in an industry, serving customers luxury needs... It has nothing to do with black labor. My customers are wealthy because they work hard (or their parents did).

Gives you a warm fuzzy glow doesn’t it? You can sleep soundly in the knowledge that Shaneeka’s base offspring will not be mugging you in twenty years time, Cleetus won’t be so consumed with toothache that he smashes his van into you, and José’s many children will be bringing you your Big Mac presently.
In reality - Shaneeka's kids probably will be trying- Cleetus will be drunk or high and Joses kids will be soaking up more Aid.

Bold = good debate

The rest - Lefty SJW BS. US wealth is built on Black labor? - You couldn't be more wrong.

Anecdotally - I employ 12-14 people at any one time... I have zero blacks currently. Maybe only three have tried in 14 years. Go to any Construction site and tell me how many Blacks are working there. Go to the oil refineries here in L.A. The farms in the valley.

Now if you said a lot of wealth is built off cheap Latino workers, you would have a valid point.

I live in California and the wealth will blow you away. I work in an industry, serving customers luxury needs... It has nothing to do with black labor. My customers are wealthy because they work hard (or their parents did).
I was talking historically - not today - hence built.

I lived in Montana for a long period - interestingly most Montanans would like to see California removed from the union for being the ground rock of views you despise!

Last edited:
I was talking historically - not today - hence built.

I lived in Montana for a long period - interestingly most Montanans would like to see California removed from the union for being the ground rock of views you despise!
I dont blame them for one second - My goal is to leave this state, in no small part due to the left wing politics.

Did you see the opening ceremony of the 2012 Olympics?
Yes I saw a lot of money being wasted that could have been spent on the NHS.

Or alternatively the level of discourse in today’s society has plummeted to such a level that such terms are meaningless.

Don’t like racists? = lefty
Someone doesn’t agree with you = they are a troll
Someone doesn’t support a left wing party? = fascist
Dare to be rich = fascist scum
Support Brexit? = thicko fascist
Support remain? = lefty snowflake

Etc etc ad nauseam.

It’s due to the prevalence of identity politics over economic and social structures and its played by all sides
No booze or coffee... Eff that.
Sorry I would be a Jack Mormon.

Um... just like the NHS then?

Yes, quite right. The unemployed don’t deserve proper healthcare. Nor do the low-paid or people for whom pre-existing medical conditions make insurance prohibitively expensive.
One of the things which struck me during the coverage of protests against Obamacare was the prevalence of an attitude which seemed rather jack.

Yeah but you lot are generally more religious and I bet creationism is taught in a much higher proportion of your schools.
I have a couple of friends in the US who don't earn much but enough to get by.
Both saw their healthcare costs triple & their cover become much poorer post Obamacare's introduction.

Slight correction, teaching creationism is supposed to be banned in UK schools. The reality appears to be a bit different.

Yeah but that's Islamic creationism which is good, rather than Christian creationism, which is actually the work of the devil.

But these are centuries old debates on the role and responsibilities of the individual to society and the responsibility of society to the individual.

Differing traditions on either side of the pond. Nothing wrong with that.

It’s interesting your choice of names though. US wealth is to an extent built on black labour - often provided for free.
The interpretation of society doesn’t involve support for the Labour that made you wealthy.
I have to disagree on that. There have been multiple $billions poured into schemes, education, racial equality, "affirmative action" & other attempts at redress.
All too often the result is dependency, as seen elsewhere when there is no quid pro quo.

No, they’re separating children and handing them over to heir closest US family members, but don’t let that get in the way of a good old anti-Trump rant (don’t worry, we’ll stop him)
Not quite 'the whole truth', however appealing it may sound.

According to the Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) who are responsible for it, that process takes two months while the children remain in detention centres; during that time their parents may also be subject to expedited removal and returned home, leaving the children to be returned separately later and leaving it up to the children to keep their parents informed of where they are during the removal process.

Not quite as rosy as you make it sound ...

Trump has grown into the job. It look like he's got fat boy in Korea to bin his nuclear weapons, he's in the process of stopping anti-competitive dumping from China and he's taking aim at the EU's protectionist barriers around the single market.

An American president has starting actively sticking up for the US again. Can't think of why his poll ratings are good.

Wordsmith
Only if you've got a very over-active imagination and a very large pair of blinkers.

Trump's binned the war games with S Korea and Japan, much to those countries' dismay as well as that of his own military commanders, while all "fat boy" is committed to is de-nuclearisation of the Korean peninsula which Trump somehow overlooked also means removing S Korea from the US nuclear umbrella.

Hardly a great or likely move.

As for the sanctions with China, Canada, the EU and anyone else, that may suit US steel but the only losers will be other US companies who'll find it harder to export and the US consumer who'll find the cheap imports he relies on more expensive.

... sticking up for US big business is going to mean sticking it to the US consumer instead ... but it'll all be someone else's fault, of course ...

Last edited:

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer