US pulls out of UNHRC

Just breaking now and orange mong aside a good developement as this mob are an utter joke.

Like the League of Nations, is there really a point to the UN let alone the UNHCR

And why does the US pay so much for the UN compared to China and Russia anyway ?????

Like the League of Nations, is there really a point to the UN let alone the UNHCR

And why does the US pay so much for the UN compared to China and Russia anyway ?????
Strange... as according to some on here, the U.S abuses its position as the sole super power.

And several NATO allies also criticize the U.S at every chance while not paying their fair share.

The official claimed that countries like China, Egypt and Russia worked to undermine U.S. reform efforts and that the council has passed more resolutions this year condemning Israel than Iran, Syria and North Korea combined.

Eff them.

AfghanAndy

On ROPS
On ROPs

The US pays so much because Roosevelt, Truman and Eisenhower were massive supporters of the UN post ww2. Like the EU it’s become a behomoth and has forgotten the reason it was set up for.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Wasn't it the UN the US had to pay a lot of back fees to, when they needed a flag of convenience for one of their foreign excursions.

The Donald will probably describe it as the greatest victory and the mostest money saved.

AfghanAndy

On ROPS
On ROPs
“.... organisation that makes a mockery of human rights.” According to US ambassador to UN

Pot kettle
Not really. The UN is a toothless tiger that has a habit of sitting on the sidelines doing f**k all..

It’s staff however get paid a hefty tax free salary and pension and are always covered by diplomatic immunity.

Anybody who’s worked with UN staff never really has anything good to say about them.

I’ve worked with UN staff, and apart from one good guy who asked us to arrest a sh*t in Afghanistan and torture him or kill him (which we didn’t do either), they’re self serving

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
To be fair, nine tenths of the problem with the UN is the ease with which one or other of the interested parties on the UN Security Council can veto concerted action.

Whether that be Russia, the U.S or China - if a UN action is seen to threaten their interests it won't happen.

AfghanAndy

On ROPS
On ROPs
To be fair, nine tenths of the problem with the UN is the ease with which one or other of the interested parties on the UN Security Council can veto concerted action.

Whether that be Russia, the U.S or China - if a UN action is seen to threaten their interests it won't happen.
Different part of the UN.

I think the concern was when country’s like China, Algeria and Saudi Arabia were let into the UNHRC.

What better way of showing how little you think of Human Rights than letting nation states that systematically abuse their people in.

“.... organisation that makes a mockery of human rights.” According to US ambassador to UN

Pot kettle
Says a nation currently separating children and putting them into prison camps...

AfghanAndy

On ROPS
On ROPs
Says a nation currently separating children and putting them into prison camps...
I suspect trumps concern is that refugees coming to America should only be coming from Russia via Alaska, Mexico, Cuba and Canada.

Let’s also be honest, every single Chogie country is using any membership to the UN to bash Israel.

Want it afeeyears ago that a Saudi Member if the UN was criticising the U.K. for human rights.

Let’s not also forget this other UN committee.

Special Committee on Decolonization - Wikipedia

A self licking lollipop of UN personel intent of stopping colonialism by telling various land masses who are happy who they are that they can’t be governed by country’s who they want to be governed by.

Prison camps? You cant be that easily manipulated...

The parents are arrested, detained and the kids are sent to family members (if they come and claim them and have papers) - Prison camps? Give me a break...

No one forces them to cross the border illegally.

Different part of the UN.

I think the concern was when country’s like China, Algeria and Saudi Arabia were let into the UNHRC.

What better way of showing how little you think of Human Rights than letting nation states that systematically abuse their people in.
Or having Saudi Arabia elected to the UN women’s rights commission

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Fackin' aye - wotesaid.

' I wish to associate myself in the strongest terms possible with the remarks made by my Hon Friend, the member for Stoke-sub-Urnu '

The sight of the Orange haired moonhowler cuddling the US flag this evening made me shout at the telly.

God knows what Joe Six pack in Spodeville,Mo thinks about this - 'cos we only hear from the vociferous minority over here.

Labelling anyone who finds these practices at best uncivilised and unworthy of the world's leading Democracy as a ' Social Justice Warrior ' is just unhinged.

The Rallying Cry of a Nationwide Movement: “Chinga la Migra” (F*ck Border Patrol)

Although the Obama administration also arrested and detained immigrants on a massive scale, general asylum cases were processed through civil court procedures, rather than the punishment-focused criminal prosecution. Many families were detained under Obama, but at least they were kept intact. And while the previous administration did enact some modest reforms to detention policy under public pressure, Trump has sharply reversed course as both detention and enforcement efforts surge.

Is this REALLY what Americans want the rest of the world to see them as ?

Secret recording released of children crying for their parents at US detention centre

The children can be heard sobbing and calling out for their parents. One girl, identified as six-year-old Alison Jimena Valenica Madrid, can be heard reciting the number of an aunt in the US and begging detention centre employees to call her.

The aunt later told ProPublica that receiving the anguished call was “the hardest moment in my life”.

“Imagine getting a call from your 6-year-old niece,” said the woman, who is also applying for asylum in the US. “She’s crying and begging me to go get her. She says, ‘I promise I’ll behave, but please get me out of here. I’m all alone.’”

Last edited: