US-PRC Trade Agreement Reached

Washington DC—After months of growing trade tensions between the US and China leading to an impending global recession, along with mounting strife in China’s Hong Kong province prompting dissidents to wave American flags, US President Donald Trump has negotiated quite possibly the biggest deal of his life: the US will trade the entire state of California for Hong Kong, in a flat exchange.

“Basically almost everyone in California wants to be communist and Hong Kong wants American freedoms, so we did what we call a win-win-win and traded the two in a tremendous deal,” Trump said in a press conference announcing the unprecedented deal.

Markets responded by posting record numbers.

Californians and the Hong Kong populace are dancing in their respective streets—Californians are happy about being run by the totalitarian Chinese Communist Party—and Hong Kongese are happy about being part of the free world once again.

In Hong Kong today:

PhotoPictureResizer_190918_191731348-320x240.jpg

In San Francisco today:

PhotoPictureResizer_190918_191904928-276x184.jpg

In a late-breaking development, it is reported that globetrotting ARRSE social media influencer Redshift has canceled his trip to the country of his birth, Australia, and will now be going to the other country of his first/second birth, Kalifornia where he hopes to join the fledgling Apple Core, the military force being established by the new PRC province. It is named in recognition of the many volunteers flocking to the new army from Silicon Valley. He hopes to get a commission due to his extensive prior service in the Marine Core.

Last edited:
Pity Canada wasn’t involved, Quebec could have been thrown in as a goodwill gesture, all we’d want in return is a couple of orders of sweet n sour chicken balls and house flyed lice.......

The problem is the stoopid politicos in California, not the people. The, mainly asian, population of Irvine revolted when their city council said they were going to spend millions on homeless housing projects. The upsurge in feeling was bad enough to make the council fear for its tenure and change its mind quite quickly.

I was discussing the problem of devolution (I think that is the right word) of government in the US earlier today. Whereas in the UK the vast majority of spending controls stops at county council level in the US it is devolved down to cities. For city you should read town as they are honestly in some cases no bigger than a large village in the UK.

These small cities collect their own taxes, spend their own money and manage their own locality. Not a bad thing, I hear you thunk. Well when you look at the fart bubble of a place I lived in Pennsylvania it gets ludicrous because the local mayor insisted on having a police force - 2 officers, that was it, a captain and his mate who was a lieutenant. The cost of those two individuals was over $500K a year to the city when you look at rank appropriate salary, vehicles, accomodations, and the pension plans. Even fire departments are city run so just like the police departments they cannot negotiate larger county based discounts on equipments. Schools are also city managed so you can have schools 10 minutes apart running totally different curriculums, and of course only having city negotiating ability for discounts rather than county based.

Where I live now as an example; Tarrant County, Texas, there are 41 incorporated municipalities each with their own fire, police and education boards. It is the same in California. And, no one talks to anyone else so there is no cohesiveness (good word) allowing for joined up thinking, planning and action.

Mild rant over.

PS. BTW I quite like California and am considering retiring there - more retired Marines and SEAL's there than you can shake a stick at, its great.

The problem is the stoopid politicos in California, not the people. The, mainly asian, population of Irvine revolted when their city council said they were going to spend millions on homeless housing projects. The upsurge in feeling was bad enough to make the council fear for its tenure and change its mind quite quickly.

I was discussing the problem of devolution (I think that is the right word) of government in the US earlier today. Whereas in the UK the vast majority of spending controls stops at county council level in the US it is devolved down to cities. For city you should read town as they are honestly in some cases no bigger than a large village in the UK.

These small cities collect their own taxes, spend their own money and manage their own locality. Not a bad thing, I hear you thunk. Well when you look at the fart bubble of a place I lived in Pennsylvania it gets ludicrous because the local mayor insisted on having a police force - 2 officers, that was it, a captain and his mate who was a lieutenant. The cost of those two individuals was over $500K a year to the city when you look at rank appropriate salary, vehicles, accomodations, and the pension plans. Even fire departments are city run so just like the police departments they cannot negotiate larger county based discounts on equipments. Schools are also city managed so you can have schools 10 minutes apart running totally different curriculums, and of course only having city negotiating ability for discounts rather than county based.

Where I live now as an example; Tarrant County, Texas, there are 41 incorporated municipalities each with their own fire, police and education boards. It is the same in California. And, no one talks to anyone else so there is no cohesiveness (good word) allowing for joined up thinking, planning and action.

Mild rant over.

PS. BTW I quite like California and am considering retiring there - more retired Marines and SEAL's there than you can shake a stick at, its great.
Need to offload your guns? ;-)

Mild rant over.

And all that goes on while the top dogs in D.C no matter what ilk squabble and fight with each other for stupid petty reasons as everything else slides down the toilet.

And all that goes on while the top dogs in D.C no matter what ilk squabble and fight with each other for stupid petty reasons as everything else slides down the toilet.
Indeed. The swmp continues to thrive...a bit like Nero and his fiddle.

@jumpinjarhead - Your original post nicked and sent off the my son who lives in Los Angeles. Thank you!

Exactly.

The city level management developed historically when it used to take a day to jump on a horse and ride to the city over yonder. Nowadays though when it takes 10 minutes to drive the same distance it is nothing more than self interested, empire building, stupidity.

California (and some other states) which has money, and petty elected officials who see it as their duty to spend it would not be in anywhere near the disorganized condition it is if they lifted fiscal management responsibility from the cities up to county level.

Last edited:
Exactly.

The city level management developed historically when it used to take a day to jump on a horse and ride to the city over yonder. Nowadays though when it takes 10 minutes to drive the same distance it is nothing more than self interested, empire building, stupidity.

California (and some other states) which has money, and petty elected official see it as their duty to spend it would not be in anywhere near the disorganized condition it is if they lifted fiscal management responsibility from the cities up to county level.
Add to the mix the "plantation" cities run by our dems where their victim underclasses (to use the currently approved PC term "people of color") live in government housing receiving government benefits but with horrible schools and no upward mobility such that their voting bloc remains intact to ensure their dynastic rule, interrupted only by the occasional federal bribery convictions.

Kinda surprised Mr Kalifornia aka Marine core soul reaper aka redshift, hasn’t reared his highly educated and well informed head on this thread so far. Guess he won’t troll when knows that he’ll come off looking the twät that he is.....

LJONESY

On ROPS
On ROPs
1568903790326.png

Game and Fish started issuing these today. The line was pretty long to get one, I plan on stalking Walmart parking lots this weekend....

Latest Threads