US paper: 'The insurgents' troubling gains in Mosul'

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by hackle, Dec 13, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Edit: as my text makes clear, this is NOT in fact from a US paper - forgot to correct the heading before posting. :oops:

Depressing stories from Iraq could be posted any day, but I thought this story was interesting for making the point that US forces have been doing their best to do that G5 thang (contrary to some Brit perceptions.)

Although I have lingering doubts about the Koranic acceptability of naming a TV programme "Iraqi Idol"....

Any bets on a successful election taking place as scheduled on Jan 30?

Full story (Lebanon-based newspaper, American reporter who writes regularly for the Washington Post) at

2. I suppose it's not only in America that right-wing naivety dominates the media:(
  3. Who in the whole feckin world thought that the best we could offer Iraq would be REALITY TV? REALITY TV, when there's no electricity, petrol or jobs and crazed terrorists and kidnappers are shooting folk in broad daylight! I mean, reality TV makes me want to blow myself up - imagine what it does to the Iraqis!