US offer of help for British Soldiers

Discussion in 'Multinational HQ' started by yank_eyetie, Jan 23, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. nice post mate...

2. Oh, bless their little cotton socks! How touching!

MsG

3. That is so sweet of them

4. How about some Larger anti Fratricide panels for our vehicles?

5. Oh come on. It's got to be at least six months since we shot you guys up last. You've got to be due for another dosing. We need to keep our reputation up!

NTM

6. we're always ready to help our friends, cos we are always

[​IMG]

7. Well i think its a good post , Cheers to the american people . I have said it before and i will say it
    again , dont judge the US forces until you have worked with them and get off this ''spam bashing band wagon ''

8. I have worked with them and Id rather work with the Canadians!!

9. Well Candians are a little on the ''War shy'' at the moment however they do make good guns !!!

10. If only our own British public would show support for our troops....

11. They're probably to scared to support us, because it's not PC :evil:

12. It could well be that the US Army is, in the purest sense, a citizens' army, is part of rather than apart from American society and has not (maybe with the exception of Kent University and they were only goddamned long-haired, pinko, faggot students anyway) been used to suppress the civilian population...... well, excepting the Native Americans, the Mexicans, Afro-Americans, hmmmm, maybe this wasn't such a good thing to throw up as an example........... but the fact remains, that the US Army is "paraded" to it's citizens and every opportunity is made to make support of the Army a visible demonstation of the American, for America.

13. People in this country should hang their heads in shame for not supporting the troops or rather the politicians and media should for creating a society that feels it can't show support for fear of treading on someone's toes and upsetting a particular group.
    I don't want us to be stampeding outside to tie yellow ribbons on all the trees, but it is unheard of for anyone to give thanks to those that are serving. We'll give up money fot Tsunami victims, sit in a bath of cold baked beans for the drug users of this country and dress up as cnuts and collect money for so many other causes BUT there is no way people would bother to do anything for anyone in HM Forces.
    There is very little patriotism visble...you'll get some that do go to wave the ships off down here in Pompey and I'm sure there may be pockets of people that fly a flag or write to anonymous troops...but on the whole there is no support and it brings up the whole bigger argument of national pride, identity and where this country is headed!