US nearly bought the A2...

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Bravo_Bravo, Feb 2, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ... according to an ex-Reg Captain I was speaking to recently.

Anyone else heard this?

BB

2. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

NEVER!!!

The septic chain of command would never have let it happen.

Edited to add: Do the septics use anything foreign?

3. You talk some shit. But it must have been nice for you to have a chat with the friendly officer.

4. i read a thread a few days ago about the U.S switching ( Not sure what weapon it was) to the LSW A2

5. Of course it was, he was not in the OTC. His last post was Catterick ( the place the Army trains infantry soldiers. )

Now toddle off. nybody would think you where trying to get a reputation as some kind of internet hard man.

6. 81mm is Brit, AV8-B made under licence... must be others.

7. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

No doubt they have a handful for testing in the same way as we do! The LSW rumour was started on here as the USMC were looking to trial a mag fed lmg. Its all pish anyway!

8. the light gun
    the minimi
    the Carl Gustav 84mm
    BAE 155mm howitzer
    UH72 Lakota
    theMerlin
    To name but a few

9. button it fuckwit, away you go and pretend to be an int asset.

10. "button it fuckwit"

I had no idea anyone outside of comics actually spoke like that.

Not very bright, are you?

:D

11. Anyway, back OT.

The guy was sayig that Uncle Sam was very close to buying it until they read the RM reports about initial reliability - IIRC caused by an incorrect lubrication and cleaning regime?

12. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Well, I take it all back - I thought they were US-only buyers

13. The USMC are binning Humvees and getting Pinzgauers instead. I also heard because of the amount they would need and servicing etc, they bought the company so technically they're not foreign (to the yanks) any more.

14. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

They tend to negotiate for US build facilities once the weapon has won the contract as part of the deal! See Beretta 93 for proof.