US Navy Testing Two New Camo Uniforms

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by JoeCivvie, Aug 14, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Going to cost them US$80m too.
  2. Is this It?

Attached Files:

3. Yet not everyone can wear the desert ones and some will still wear the old stuff. Whats the point? Im sure it would be easier if all the yanks just wore marpat.
  4. Wouldn't it be more logical - and cheaper, just to use the same as their army or marine corps? Just sew on the relevent boy scout badges and it's good to go!
  5. I think you underestimate just how tribal the 5 US Armed Services are. No way would they ever use something designed by one of the others, its why the USAF has refused to stop using the 'Tiger Stripe' camo. They make our three services look like the bestest closest oppos in the world ever...est
  7. A friend of mine who has been issued the new blue digital pattern uniform says sailors are not allowed to wear it at sea because the new pattern makes it harder to find somebody who has fallen overboard at night.

It also looks bloody awful.
  8. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

uniform FAIL.

whats the ruddy point of that then? and tribal or not YD, it's bloody stupid. but then, it is the septics.
  9. seaweed

seaweed LE Book Reviewer

What ON EARTH is the point of this? Totally irrelevant at sea and useless ashore unless there is a blue desert or blue forest for them to hide in.
  10. I'm pretty sure that the new pattern would'nt look too different to the old one, at night, after a dunking - both would turn pretty dark. If that's the reason, the US should issue them some day-glow kit
  11. Speaking of day-glow, the RAN has recently issued a grey version of DPCU...with prominent reflector strips! It's some sort of 'corporate branding' exercise apparently, which is BS because they're not part of a corporation, they're ADF personnel!
  12. adhthaerherhehqaejqaet
  13. Ah yes you are right of course. Stupid in every respect. All 300 million.

We can but hope to be as brilliant as some of the decisions made byour British cousins such as the spanking new Chinooks, all cozy in their climate-controlled hanger, the rather short-lived deployment of Vector vehicles to Afghan, the 60/51mm mortar issue, the 40mm GMG, BOWMAN PRC-354, the FIST fiasco, and the PAM 45 re-write--all models of clear thinking there. Herrumph Herrumph. ;-)

For the record I think the Navy was very ill-advised as to its current uniform.
  14. It's been around for a while now - I think maybe a year and a bit to two years? I saw it being sported on the ads for Sea Patrol.
  15. They could try pith helmets and red tunics with white cross-straps...