US Navy Seal in UK

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by wilddream, Sep 10, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I would like to contact any former US Navy Seals in the UK. I work for a TV documentary production company and we are making a programme that looks at the use of divers in military combat over the past 3000 years. We are particularly looking at diving technology.

2. There have been military divers for 3000 yrs ?? Well, I didn't know that.

3. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

Ermm... Wah.

4. Diving technology 3000 years ago?

I'll hold my breath on that one...

5. HA!! :D

6. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

I suppose all those ex-SEALs out there are just falling over themselves to work with a production company whose research values are so good, they can't even post in the right forum.

7. If this is an indication of the research to date...... imagine the finished product!!!!

8. Although not a US Navy Seal, I've had experience of counter-diving weapons.

This (or rather, one like it) was very effective against UKSF divers acting as Orange forces during Crusader '80:

[​IMG]

I should imagine that the same technique worked just as well 3000 years ago, even without the IRR coating or optical sights.

9. OP CRUSADER was a farce from start to finish. To think we could invade a country and take over the holy lands...Oh, hold on a second!

10. From the Branch History section of the MCDOA website:

11. Trip_Wire

Trip_Wire RIP

12. I believe that either Alexander the Great or the people of Tyre employed divers during the siege undertaken by Alexander in 332BC - so that's 2000+ years taken care of - but there is no mention of Navy SEALs...

13. Thanks for your comments. I'm new to this site, but liking it already. I'm embarassed I posted to the wrong forum, any suggestions for a more appropriate one?