US Navy rescue Iranian vessel from Pirates

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by DavidBOC, Jan 6, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Pirates Arrgh!!

Saw this story in the news today. A bit ironic as if the US had done what Armoureddinnerjacket wanted and gotten out of the area the Iranians would still be hostages. US rescuing Iranian hostages. Wonder if Iran will say thanks??

2. If the Government does not say thank you, the rescued sailors will realise that, great satan is not as bad as their press makes out.

3. As long as they don't think we are as bad as many Arrsers make out.:smile:

4. So have the US Navy now have 13 Iranian copy iPods to play with?

5. I just hope the USN food they gave the sailors was Halal.

The unwritten law of those who go to sea is to rescue others in peril, seems to be a fine tradition.

6. Bravo Zulu to the anchor clankers for that. I don't know if we'll get an humble thank you from Dinner Jacket for rescuing his fishermen, but at least they will know that most of what their government is telling them about us is wrong. It would have been interesting (if the Iranians had a navy worthy of the name that is) to see what would have happened to the pirates if the Iranians could have captured the pirates themselves. I wonder if they would have cut their heads off? :?

[​IMG]