us navy dress whites(off an a gent)

Discussion in 'Classified Ads' started by u_didnt_c_me_i_wasnt_ther, Dec 18, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hi troops, god knows why i am asking on this site as i can feel the incoming already.
    walt, septic loving tw*t, its all gonna come my way i know but im willing to take the chance.
    i have a birthday bash to attend in early jan and the theme is characters from movies, well the doris is wanting me to go as richard gere from an officer and a gentleman,the bit in the dress whites.
    now,i have tried all avenues at the mo i.e ebay, tried googling it and you either pay extortionate prices or just cant get it at all. all the fancy dress shops do them but if you want to look like an extra from s**t stabbers 2,**** kings 3, u get the idea.
    do the british army not do a white version of the no1 dress that i can customise?
    if anyone can help then pleaser let me know

Attached Files:

• 46_1.jpg
      File size:
      23 KB
      Views:
  2. :) Reminds me of the following lines in the film, 'A Few Good Men'

Col. Nathan R. Jessup: You see Danny, I can deal with the bullets, and the bombs, and the blood. I don't want money, and I don't want medals. What I do want is for you to stand there in that faggoty white uniform and with your Harvard mouth extend me some fcuking courtesy. You gotta ask me nicely.

3. Try going as a member of the Liberian rebels Regiment. Baggy jeans and any old T-Shirt should do it. Equip yourself with a RPK and crack on

4. go as one of em from dog soldiers

5. what worries me irish guard is that you know that sentence chapter and verse

6. White Patrol dress.

Good luck finding it.

7. not having much luck at the mo,i've heard from a mate that there is a y o's shop near larkhill should get a set of white no 1 dress down there,il have a look and let you know,in case anyone else is interested

8. Yep, you can get it through stores, I got mine two weeks ago for a very nice upcoming Jolly - No6 dress (I think?) Now polyester like the yank stuff instead of the old thick cotton number. You can also get the whole white trousers and white shoes (nice!) malarkey.
    Regards,

9. cheers slackbladder,il investigate that avenue,its worth the hassle to find said unifrom as the good lady is liking the idea so much she has promised a top night if i get it, its worth looking like a us navy gay boy just for that.

10. :) How did your Birthday Bash go, did you get Pissed?

A Few Good Men was a top show, particularly the quotes from the character Col Jessup.

Here is another one,

Col Jessup: ".....And that my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to."