US Military Recruitment May 2006.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by AndyPipkin, Jun 12, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I do feel that overall Military recruiting is a reflection on the National Employment situation.
    I always said that you should only join the military if you had and always had a desire to be a 'Soldier'.
    Joining just for employment usually led to a poorly motivated man.
    The Military life is not an easy one at the best of times, few other ways of life can legally order you to go get yourself killed or maimed for life, let alone the mental scars which stay.
    john

2. I think you also have to factor in the fact that a) they moved their recruitment targets down last year and b) have felt compelled to "stop-loss" 50,000 personnel who have served their time.

3. Of course that's what's going on T6. The Pentagon's version of Pravda never lies.

Of course, the nice big re-enlistment bonuses are attractive- especially when you're told you can re-up and get $30k and stay with a unit that is not likely to be redeployed soon, or you can be stop-lossed, get no additional cash and get shipped right back to Iraq: