US Military Recruitment January 2006.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by AndyPipkin, Feb 11, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Thing is andy, statistics can be made to fit any argument.

Do you know if they 'Re-alligned' their data collection techniques in the last few years. Thats an old favourite when people want to make stats back up their argument or excuse them for appauling stats.

2. I'm not aware of any such 'realignment', I think the figures are pretty straightforward - people joining up or re-enlisting in a given month.

3. True, but do they have the figures for people leaving? That couls still leave a deficit.Plus, when were those goals produced? do they still match operational needs?

4. Ok, I'll have a butchers :D

5. Actually the most depressing thing is that almost half of the USA's 18-24 year olds fail to meet the minimum health/fitness requirements. Wonder what the figures are in the UK?

6. That really is an idictment of the state of the US population.

7. I don't know it seem's the Brit's arent fit enough to pass basic training for the FL. The Russian's are now the recruits of choice. According to a recent story I saw. When we still drafted people we took out of shape or overweight recruits all the time and got them fit by the end of BCT.