US military foresees huge oil shortage...

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by KGB_resident, Apr 21, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

2. The price of petrol in the UK has very little to do with the price of oil.
    Sounds like a load of bollocks designed to make people think an invasion of Iran is on the cards.
  3. Well if they are right, then the world is safe. They won`t WALK anywhere!!
  4. Sounds like someone didn't find a story in time for their deadline. Who exactly is the "US military"?

No mention whatsoever of strategic reserve and why would the price of petrol in Britain be of concern of the price of oil in the US?

Thanks Sergey, This one made me chuckle a bit.
  5. Author is trying to make this sound way more ominous than it actually is, is my point.
  6. How about invading an oil rich country which is not producing to its potential and encouraging the locals to pump a few more barrels to grease the cogs of the global economy? In return, we could give them democracy.

Did I hear someone murmur that one's already been tried?
  7. Bit like the war drum banging in 2002 regarding Iraq.
  8. I would agree however this is the same bunch that gave this report too:

9. I don't see how that last bit can't be credible?
  10. My daughter's idea - put all fat people on one of those mouse wheels. Connect it to a dynamo, free electricity, fat people lose weight, fat people eat less, US gets free electricity and spends less on food, cars use less fuel for fat people because they weight less thereby saving oil supplies, fat people can join the US army - a win-win situation. Ring Ring - hello Mr Obama, I have a great idea !!!!

And she got an A for Economics

11. So the US military could use ALL this oil then?

Ah oil not petrol so how much petrol could be made and how long to get it to the refineries and how many Americans -without oil/petrol would try to hijack the tankers?

Mad MAx or wot. :D