US Military Capability against a near-peer competitor

BGM-190A never was anti-ship missile. RGM-109B was, but it was withdrawn from service in 1994 and converted to Block IV version.

First - they were used for other modifications, second - they never were anti-ship missiles, third (and most important) there no such thing as "triviality" for modern Septic engineers (especially, if we are talking about nuclear things), fourth - 109B never were effective as anti-ship missile.

Bla-bla-bla. USA started violation of INF Treaty in 1999, because they are untruthworthly. Treaties with Yanks dont worth paper its printed on
Your first statement contradicts your third. Same missiles, different ROMs and warheads. Parts unplug, new parts plug in. Trivial.

Your limited thinking is showing again. Nukes are employed against areas, what sits in the area of a capital ship?

Young girl, raised up and, may be, "educated" in the USA, highly likely, not from North. Taiwan?
Ok. May be , she really exists.
So, one more question - translate the banner:
View attachment 383989
You really are not very clever.

No, close to my age. No, raised in China. Schooled in China, only her technical degree is from the US. Sorry, Hebei, around Beijing. No. She does exist, do you?

As she is a member of the Lost Generation, I won't be asking her to translate Mao's "Sow the rain and reap the harvest" poster.

20190324_001010.jpg

Grey Fox

*Russian Troll*
You really are not very clever.
I never pretended to be very clever. 'Very clever guys' dont waste their time with such stupid interlocuters.

No, close to my age. No, raised in China. Schooled in China, only her technical degree is from the US. Sorry, Hebei, around Beijing. No. She does exist, do you?
Oh, really? Issue is that there is no such Romanisation as 'Chin' in the modern pinyin. It is usually written as 'Jing' now. So, likely, her name was Romanised in CPR before 1958, in the USA before 1979, in Taiwan before 2016 (say nothing about her poetry), or she or you are lieing, or you/she can try to give another explanation.
As she is a member of the Lost Generation, I won't be asking her to translate Mao's "Sow the rain and reap the harvest" poster.
There is another layer of sense also, but as you wish. Lets try another capcha:
SAVE_20190323_121402.jpeg

Read and found another part of dual-saying. Translate it.

Last edited:
Not sure how close a simulation can get to reality as it cannot account for all variables. So not sure how reliable it is, does account for weather, political fall out, civilian uprisings etc? And to what detail does it go down to? Still very interesting though.
Having done some work with RAND, I'd imagine all those contingencies, and many others, have been gamed in the simulation.

I never pretended to be very clever. 'Very clever guys' dont waste their time with such stupid interlocuters.

Oh, really? Issue is that there is no such Romanisation as 'Chin' in the modern pinyin. It is usually written as 'Jing' now. So, likely, her name was Romanised in CPR before 1958, in the USA before 1979, in Taiwan before 2016 (say nothing about her poetry), or she or you are lieing, or you/she can try to give another explanation.

There is another layer of sense also, but as you wish. Lets try another capcha:
View attachment 384280
Read and found another part of dual-saying. Translate it.
That's not her name bone head. That would almost be the name of the barely post-Song poet you originally quoted, so He would be before 1358.

And you are now saying you called her very young because you thought her name, which isn't hers, hasn't been used for 40-50 years?

You really aren't very smart.

*when @smartascarrots eventually runs across the previous post , I leave this to point out that I know that 燕子 ( yànzi ) sounds nothing like it in any language, I just left that as another proof inside an insult that the Fox really isn't as Foxy as he thinks he is while portraying himself as knowledgeable in what ever given subject he is being rather un-Fox-like in trying to discuss.

Last edited:

Grey Fox

*Russian Troll*
That's not her name bone head. That would almost be the name of the barely post-Song poet you originally quoted, so He would be before 1358.
So, it was not answer of your 'girlfriend'. Ok

And you are now saying you called her very young because you thought her name, which isn't hers, hasn't been used for 40-50 years?
No. Surname 經/ 经 (or other) is rather often even right now. Difference between Chin and Jing are same as the difference between names John Smith and Ivan Kuznetsov.
So, existance of your 'Chinese girlfriend' is not proven yet. Lets wait for result of our 'capcha'.

So, it was not answer of your 'girlfriend'. Ok

No. Surname 經/ 经 (or other) is rather often even right now. Difference between Chin and Jing are same as the difference between names John Smith and Ivan Kuznetsov.
So, existance of your 'Chinese girlfriend' is not proven yet. Lets wait for result of our 'capcha'.
Being from Hebei, more common names would be Liu, Zhao, and Qing.

Her existence (note spelling) is evident in her picture, with me, posted above. It is her only involvement in this thread. What also should be evident is that, unlike you, my Chinese is good enough to "captcha" (note spelling) all the Chinese happy time that I need.

Grey Fox

*Russian Troll*
Her existence (note spelling) is evident in her picture, with me, posted above.
Thanks for spell checking, but from the photo is not clear that she is Chines, not Korean, Japan or other.
It is her only involvement in this thread.
So, your words about her thoughts about my humble person, were lie. Ok.

What also should be evident is that, unlike you, my Chinese is good enough to "captcha" (note spelling) all the Chinese happy time that I need.
Really? And, undoubtly, you dont want nor read this picture by yourself, neither ask somebody to read it for you. Answer accepted.

Thanks for spell checking, but from the photo is not clear that she is Chines, not Korean, Japan or other.
My Korean and Japanese (note form) are much better than my Chinese (note spelling). But I have to wonder what physical characteristics that you think distinguish the different countries with shared migrational heritage.

So, your words about her thoughts about my humble person, were lie. Ok.
My words on her thoughts about you being a bit of a cock was a joke. You being a bit of a cock may be the lie... you are much closer to an entire cock.

Really? And, undoubtly, you dont want nor read this picture by yourself, neither ask somebody to read it for you. Answer accepted.
Undoubtedly (note spelling), I don't (note spelling) need to, nor care to offer you the illusion of any further relevance by answering you on whatever you discover online that you think may help you appear clever. However, most of the time, I don't (again, note spelling) mind answering where it points out what an idiot you are. The two concepts are neither mutually exclusive, nor disingenuous, simply my choice to make depending upon my current mood, and availability of a few seconds to condescend to respond.

And yes, talking about swallows (in the meaning 'killer whale'), they eat seals on breakfast.
Может быть, ваши "Серебряные Крылья" для вашего поколения...

Слава защитникам Родины!

Now **** off, junior.

Last edited:

Grey Fox

*Russian Troll*
Может быть, ваши "Серебряные Крылья" для вашего поколения...
First of all, double usage of the word 'your' in one sentence is illiterate in Russian. Second - WTF is 'silver wings'?

Слава защитникам Родины!
You can use words that way, but better would be 'Slava zaschitnikam Otechestva!' (it is a stable word combination).

First of all, double usage of the word 'your' in one sentence is illiterate in Russian. Second - WTF is 'silver wings'?

You can use words that way, but better would be 'Slava zaschitnikam Otechestva!' (it is a stable word combination).

Now, if only I misspelled every 7th word, and doubled down on colloquialisms I don't understand, you might begin to realize what you sound like in "almost English."

"Silver wings" would be what a very few people used to call the song "The Ballad of the Green Beret." Used intentionally to directly make a point about how unintelligible you can be, and let you focus on "your problem."

Nonsense article and premise. So US is at a disadvantage while fighting close to Russia's borders. Left out is the overwhelming advantage US would have in other areas. Its almost like someone planned it this way? Its as if US had a military advantage at Russia's borders it would imply that US was spending to much on its military.

That is what article omits along with the basic understanding of military strength in relationship to geographic location versus total military power. US military power is highest in US, while Russian power is highest in Russia. Article simply doesn't state this fact it also leaves out the fact that in total US has far greater military power then Russia.

Instead it focuses on a narrow aspect of the total and excludes the total military power so as to mislead readers.

Grey Fox

*Russian Troll*
Now, if only I misspelled every 7th word, and doubled down on colloquialisms I don't understand, you might begin to realize what you sound like in "almost English."

"Silver wings" would be what a very few people used to call the song "The Ballad of the Green Beret." Used intentionally to directly make a point about how unintelligible you can be, and let you focus on "your problem."
In that case you build the sentence totally wrong. You would say: "Vozmojno, eto vash sovremenniy variant 'Serebryannih kryliev', populyarnoy americanskoy pesni vremion vietnamskoy voini, tak je izvestnoi kak 'Ballada Zelionih Beretov".
It would be grammatically correct, but very impolite and actually wrong. First of all, traditions of Russian military song are much older than existance of American state. Second - it is very different songs.

Nonsense article and premise. So US is at a disadvantage while fighting close to Russia's borders. Left out is the overwhelming advantage US would have in other areas. Its almost like someone planned it this way? Its as if US had a military advantage at Russia's borders it would imply that US was spending to much on its military.

That is what article omits along with the basic understanding of military strength in relationship to geographic location versus total military power. US military power is highest in US, while Russian power is highest in Russia. Article simply doesn't state this fact it also leaves out the fact that in total US has far greater military power then Russia.

Instead it focuses on a narrow aspect of the total and excludes the total military power so as to mislead readers.

It was written to argue for extra budget...

Why do you need more money this year? It's the gap with the Russians, innit? Ok. Approved.

MoD should give it a try so you don't end up fitting the entire force into a football pitch.

Interesting, I have read that US and British war ships are obsolete as Chinese weapons can take them out with missiles without getting out of their armchairs. China is definitely pushing to be top dog, the Russians will sit on the side lines rubbing their hands together, Putin has visions of glory but not the country wealth that China has, too much corruption in Russia means they will settle to be an allie of China at the expense of the US and the West. Powers always shift and NATO needs to prepare for destabilisation

A2_Matelot

LE
Book Reviewer
Interesting, I have read that US and British war ships are obsolete as Chinese weapons can take them out with missiles without getting out of their armchairs. China is definitely pushing to be top dog, the Russians will sit on the side lines rubbing their hands together, Putin has visions of glory but not the country wealth that China has, too much corruption in Russia means they will settle to be an allie of China at the expense of the US and the West. Powers always shift and NATO needs to prepare for destabilisation
Pray tell where did you read that sage piece of information?

I read Brothers Grimm last week, didn't believe that. Do you believe everything you read?

Grey Fox

*Russian Troll*
There is another funny article in National interest:
"Nonetheless, the idea of beefing up U.S. forces in Poland raises a few questions. If one U.S. brigade isn’t sufficient to deter Russia, will one division be any more effective? Dispatched to the Baltic States, it would still be outnumbered and with supply lines vulnerable to interdiction. And while the Polish economy is humming for now, revamping the Polish military to Western standards would be an expensive proposition."

Want to Stop Russia from Invading the Baltic States? Turn Poland Into a Military Powerhouse.