US Military Capability against a near-peer competitor

No real surprises, but with something like this now in open source, hopefully western politicians will take notice, both to rectify the problem and to pause for thought before committing to the next military folly. That said, I wonder if 'the sources' might have a book coming out soon?

'In war games simulating a high-end fight against Russia or China, the U.S. often loses, two experienced military war-gamers have revealed. "In our games, when we fight Russia and China, 'blue' gets its ass handed to it," David Ochmanek, a RAND warfare analyst, explained at the Center for a New American Security on Thursday, Breaking Defense first reported. U.S. forces are typically color-coded blue in these simulations. "We lose a lot of people. We lose a lot of equipment. We usually fail to achieve our objective of preventing aggression by the adversary," he said.

The US has been getting 'its ass handed to it' in simulated war games against Russia and China, analysts say

Think it's bad now?. Give it less than 10 years and China will have the western Pacific at their own private lake. By 10 years further into the future, the US will venture west of Hawaii at her peril without major re-arming and major defense spending increases.

The warning is clear to the West, get you fingers out, or face defeat by 2040.

They are realities of our Word. The period of US absolute military superiority is ending and Washington doesn't have any alternative option but to accept the realities.
... or maybe anybody could propose the alternative option? It would be interesting to hear arguments, propositions, suggestions.
The warning is clear to the West, get you fingers out, or face defeat by 2040.
What defeat do you speak about? Transition from unipolar to multi-polar world could be painful for some dreamers in Washington but in the end peace will win and war will be defeated due to stable balance of powers.

They are realities of our Word. The period of US absolute military superiority is ending and Washington doesn't have any alternative option but to accept the realities.
... or maybe anybody could propose the alternative option? It would be interesting to hear arguments, propositions, suggestions.
The 21st century was described as the Chinese century before 2000, and this is how it is panning out. Like the British Empire before it, the sun is setting on the days when the US of A are numero uno.

Grey Fox

*Russian Troll*
Surely, accepting the realities is not a strong side of Septics. They will not give up their "leadership" without fight. "Hybrid war" with economical and political destabilisation of Eurasia or real "hot war" against Russia and China (first of all, by the hands of Muslims, Europeans and Japans).

Grey Fox

*Russian Troll*
Funny article in the National security:

"Understand that there's no place today on the NATO-Russia border where Russia does not have military superiority," former NATO nuclear policy chairman and George W. Bush administration special adviser Franklin Miller told the House Armed Services Committee, adding, "I think that the Russian leadership looks at nuclear war differently than we do."

NPR Choice page

No real surprises, but with something like this now in open source, hopefully western politicians will take notice, both to rectify the problem and to pause for thought before committing to the next military folly. That said, I wonder if 'the sources' might have a book coming out soon?

'In war games simulating a high-end fight against Russia or China, the U.S. often loses, two experienced military war-gamers have revealed. "In our games, when we fight Russia and China, 'blue' gets its ass handed to it," David Ochmanek, a RAND warfare analyst, explained at the Center for a New American Security on Thursday, Breaking Defense first reported. U.S. forces are typically color-coded blue in these simulations. "We lose a lot of people. We lose a lot of equipment. We usually fail to achieve our objective of preventing aggression by the adversary," he said.

The US has been getting 'its ass handed to it' in simulated war games against Russia and China, analysts say
But yet it says nothing about the caualities and damage inflicted on the Red Forces.

The Red forces are not going to get off Scott free. The US is not going to just hand over the Pacific to the Chinese or just get steam rolled by Ivan.

Grey Fox

*Russian Troll*
But yet it says nothing about the caualities and damage inflicted on the Red Forces.
Birds dont sing here,
Trees dont grow here,
Only we, grow into the soil
Shoulder to shoulder.
The planet is burning
And spinning.
There is smoke over
Our Motherland,
So - victory is only we need,
One for all of us,
And we ready to pay any price.

Grey Fox

*Russian Troll*
The matter of fact is 'What is USA and what will be potentional Pax Americana'?
Answer is simple - USA are puppets of devil, Pax Americana means Kingdom of Antichrist, and futher annihilation of the whole Universe.
So, if choice is - 'To kill 99,9% of the Earth population or allow Septic Hegemony' - answers is clear. 'To save 0,1% of population is better than allow to die both bodies and souls of 100%'.

This is a very interesting subject. It is easy to express concern about, for example, Chinese or Russian military capability and then be accused of alarm-ism, or of being hoodwinked by hype about Russian/Chinese capabilities.
Two things specifically cause me some concern: Russian and Chinese investment in large, extremely fast, anti-ship missiles (the effectiveness of which I appreciate is a subject of debate); and the need for China and Russia only to be able to achieve regional superiority - China's military is increasingly modern and apparently capable. It is not at present global and may not need a global reach. Just a regional reach and superiority; and the benefits that come from occupying a large land mass and not having to operate at great distance from home, nor having to depend heavily upon aircraft carriers. Obviously, this is a simple statement of a complex situation.

The matter of fact is 'What is USA and what will be potentional Pax Americana'?
Answer is simple - USA are puppets of devil, Pax Americana means Kingdom of Antichrist, and futher annihilation of the whole Universe.
So, if choice is - 'To kill 99,9% of the Earth population or allow Septic Hegemony' - answers is clear. 'To save 0,1% of population is better than allow to die both bodies and souls of 100%'.
You should try putting the anit-freeze in your car and not down your throat.

China's military is increasingly modern and apparently capable. It is not at present global and may not need a global reach.
Needing and wanting are two different things.

'In late May 2018, the Chinese Ministry of National Defense confirmed that the People’s Liberation Army (PLA) is constructing additional pier facilities at its military base in the Horn of Africa country of Djibouti. Chinese defence ministry spokesman Ren Guoqiang said that the new facilities would enable Beijing to ‘better fulfil China’s international responsibilities including anti-piracy work and to maintain the peace and stability of Africa and the world’.'

China’s Djibouti military base the first of many

'The Azores are the latest in a long line of places where in recent years China has sought to gain influence, expanding its reach while gaining access to oil supplies and other raw materials needed to support its rapidly growing middle class. That growth has brought China to countries throughout Africa, South America and the Middle East.'

Defense Dept. decision gives China chance for foothold between U.S. and Europe

China’s Djibouti military base the first of many

'The Azores are the latest in a long line of places where in recent years China has sought to gain influence, expanding its reach while gaining access to oil supplies and other raw materials needed to support its rapidly growing middle class. That growth has brought China to countries throughout Africa, South America and the Middle East.'

Defense Dept. decision gives China chance for foothold between U.S. and Europe
China wishes to secure the endpoints of the Belt And Road. Notice that the US doesn't even appear on that map. They don't want to conquer it, they just want to keep it from interfering with their plans.

The Red forces are not going to get off Scott free. The US is not going to just hand over the Pacific to the Chinese or just get steam rolled by Ivan.
True enough, but neither China nor the US could invade the other so differences would have to be sorted by other means, or as you say, in the middle of the Pacific which traditionally doesn’t go well for anyone.

Thats how democracies fighting dictatorships usually starts, its a big advantage if you can just steamroller economic resources into military assets. China is building something like the equivilant of the RN every year as an example.

The West will put China back in its box, but it will take more blood, sweat and tears the longer it goes on and the stronger China gets. The question is do politicians want to risk another Pearl Harbour or Singapore disaster before they start rearming, i have no doubt the Chinese communist party will kick things off when they think they are strong enough to achieve their strategic aims. The Chinese navy is of the opinion that sinking two American carriers with their DF21's will suffice.

Grey Fox

*Russian Troll*
True enough, but neither China nor the US could invade the other so differences would have to be sorted by other means, or as you say, in the middle of the Pacific which traditionally doesn’t go well for anyone.
Russia can invade USA. Right after the first exchange of nuclear strikes and occupation of Europe and Japan.
Another way - to use drones for serching and destroying remains of the septic industry and population. Actually, their is a common opinion that USA 2029 (from "The Terminator") is a basic way to achieve shiny united and communistic future 2084 (from "The Guest from the Future")
"I am hearing voices from the glorious future,
In the silver dew these morning voices sound,
I am hearing voices and alluring road
Whirls my head just like in childhood roundabout.

I pray glorious future, don't be to me so cruel.
Don't be to me so cruel, oh please do not be.
From innocent inception into the glorious future,
Into the glorious future I start my way to thee.

I am hearing voices from the glorious future,
They are calling me to fairy wonderlands,
Hearing voices and they're asking me so strictly –
For tomorrow what's been done by you today?

Into the glorious future I start my way to thee.

I swear I will become better and kinder,
And will never leave in trouble any friend,
I am hearing voices, rushing to their callings,
By the road on which there's not any trail.

Into the glorious future I start my way to thee."