Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

US Marine's Mother writes to the British people

No.4 Mk.1

On ROPS
On ROPs
Maybe I don't like conspiracy theorists who can't do their job properly on tour. Just sayin'!
If you want to discuss Afghan let's do it here @ashford_old_school

My theory on 7th Sept was that the Taliban could walk on to Camp Bastion at any time and the occasional manned guard towers (less than half) were the last line of defence before any attackers hit the busy and crowded (lots of targets) airfield. Seven days later 15 heavily armed Taliban walked on to the airfield and destroyed $400 million of kit.

You can call it what you want but that theory of mine was right.

As for not doing my job - i'd spent the entire summer trying to raise my concerns about the lack of security, even with a Major and a Captain, but no one seemed to give a ****. I even watched someone probing / testing our defences on the 7th Sept too, but the guard commander told me "don't worry about it" and refused a further request from me to pop a flare.

The failure was theirs, not mine.

Last edited:

My theory on 7th Sept was that the Taliban could walk on to Camp Bastion at any time and the occasional manned guard towers (less than half) were the last line of defence before any attackers hit the busy and crowded (lots of targets) airfield. Seven days later 15 heavily armed Taliban walked on to the airfield and destroyed $400 million of kit.

As for not doing my job - i'd spent the entire summer trying to raise my concerns about the lack of security, even with a Major and a Captain, but no one seemed to give a ****. I even watched someone probing / testing our defences on the 7th Sept too, but the guard commander told me "don't worry about it" and refused a further request from me to pop a flare.

Now, once a-polly tito. You may think that doesn't sound quite right. But believe me, once a-polly tito it is, and in this case it was Goldyloppers.
Goldyloppers trittly-how in the early mordy, and she falolloped down the steps. Oh unfortunade for crackening of the eggers and the sheebs and the buttery full-falollop and graze the knee-clappers. So she had a vaselubrious, rub it on and a quick healy huff and that was that. So off she went, and
she went trittly-how down the garbage path, and at the left right-hand-side goal she passed a [sniff] poo-pom, it was hillows a humus heapy in the garbage! But never mind. Erm... she lost her wail.

D

Deleted 145301

Now, once a-polly tito. You may think that doesn't sound quite right. But believe me, once a-polly tito it is, and in this case it was Goldyloppers.
Goldyloppers trittly-how in the early mordy, and she falolloped down the steps. Oh unfortunade for crackening of the eggers and the sheebs and the buttery full-falollop and graze the knee-clappers. So she had a vaselubrious, rub it on and a quick healy huff and that was that. So off she went, and
she went trittly-how down the garbage path, and at the left right-hand-side goal she passed a [sniff] poo-pom, it was hillows a humus heapy in the garbage! But never mind. Erm... she lost her wail.
What are the symptoms of stroke?

A grieving mother's ramblings trying to apportion blame for her sons untimely death. Is anyone else just sick of these kind of rants from grieving relations? I do appreciate that sometimes things improve as a result of failings being highlight by investigations and media outrage, kit issues, failure to issue body armour etc. but at the end of the day it's war, people die, mistakes get made, the enemy sometimes wins! Suck it up, learn from it, honour the dead and move on!

Until you admit taking phots on stag is wrong, there is no hope for you.

Himmler74

On ROPS
On ROPs

No.4 Mk.1

On ROPS
On ROPs
but at the end of the day it's war, people die, mistakes get made, the enemy sometimes wins! Suck it up, learn from it, honour the dead and move on!
15 heavily armed Taliban walking unchallenged into the heart of operations on Camp Bastion is not "War's like that" or the "enemy gets lucky sometimes". It was because we failed in our job of guarding a fence due to the British command's negligence - we didn't even give all the towers night vision is the last shining example i knew of before the US took over responsibility for the fence on 15th Sept - because they couldn't trust us.

The number of photos you have taken at times when you were supposed to be watching your arcs and providing security for your oppos (even though they all hated you) shows how well you did your job.

Ally murderer.
I got on fine in my Platoon until i refused the order to stone Afghan children. In fact the Platoon SSgt at the end of pre-deployment training told the rest of the platoon to be "More like no.4". Gen.

Until you admit taking phots on stag is wrong, there is no hope for you.
You appear to know very little about surveillance, which was our principle role in the towers - watching, monitoring and recording patterns of life. The photos assisted me in this and were approved by the guard commander.

Shut up, cnut....... why don't you tell again about us how your 'moral injury' was so damaging to you, that you, allegedly, needed to see a shrink ..... probably would have been better for you if you had actually been wounded by real enemy fire or IED's eh?..... double cnut.

15 heavily armed Taliban walking unchallenged into the heart of operations on Camp Bastion is not "War's like that" or the "enemy gets lucky sometimes". It was because we failed in our job of guarding a fence due to the British command's negligence - we didn't even give all the towers night vision is the last shining example i knew of before the US took over responsibility for the fence on 15th Sept - because they couldn't trust us.

I got on fine in my Platoon until i refused the order to stone Afghan children. In fact the Platoon SSgt at the end of pre-deployment training told the rest of the platoon to be "More like no.4". Gen.

You appear to know very little about surveillance, which was our principle role in the towers - watching, monitoring and recording patterns of life. The photos assisted me in this and were approved by the guard commander.

..and you fecking believed him? .....

The vast majority of this post is bollocks isn't it.

You took to the military like a blind spastic takes to ballroom dancing, you thought you would arrive and instantly become 'part of the gang' but when (much like on here) blokes in your unit saw you to be a waffling fantasist with the banter and general conduct of a sanitary towel you decided to embellish your experiences purely to avoid admitting you are a coward (by your own admittance you didn't even have the back wheels to put up Illume to ID something suspicious) and all round life failure.
You keep telling yourself that Guard towers like the ones at Bastion had anything to do with taking pictures, anybody with even a **** hair of military service has got your number.

Also, your dog looks gay.

No.4 Mk.1

On ROPS
On ROPs
Is that all you've got? Pissy name calling and deluded accusations?

The collective here trying to defend the indefensible - our failure to prevent or even spot 15 heavily armed Taliban WALKING in to the heart of our main operating base - is no surprise having seen first hand how the rear echelons of the British army works (or doesn't). The Taliban didn't "get lucky" - we were monumentally shit and two US Marines paid with their lives.

Now seeing as you shameless cnuts don't seem to have a valid argument between you i'm going to save my time and put you back on ignore. Go waste someone else time.

Is that all you've got? Pissy name calling and deluded accusations?

Well none of the accusations are really deluded, are they? The photos you've posted confirmed you chinned your duty off to play David Bailey and your Tp SSgt confirmed that everyone hated you and you went crying to him because you had no mates.

The collective here trying to defend the indefensible - our failure to prevent or even spot 15 heavily armed Taliban WALKING in to the heart of our main operating base

Probably because someone in the sangars couldn't be bothered doing the job they were supposed to be doing. They were probably dicking round with their cameras instead...