US Marines in Sangin Adopt British Kit to Overcome "Private Worries."

Discussion in 'Afghanistan' started by Andy_S, Sep 22, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Andy_S

Andy_S LE Book Reviewer

2. A bit of a cock and ball story?

3. Got to be a repeatable quote from the article:

Losing genitals, however, is a "whole new ballgame," said the battalion's chaplain, Navy Lt. David Kim of Mineola, N.Y.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I wonder if he realised what he said about 1 second too late, if so I would have liked to have seen the expression on his face.

5. and

Whitehead said: "It's one of the areas we can't put a tourniquet on."

6. I think there is a thread covering this and post. Injury fertility somewhere.

It's the big one!

I've done the "reassuring casualty it's all still there" bit despite the ****** having an arm stripped to the bone and a leg on the wrong way round. Alarmingly his scrote was filling up with blood and looked like an angry purple bowling ball.

He recovered, via birmingrad lost the leg though, kept pecker :)

The best protection, IMHO is not ****ing being there in the first place.........

7. Andy_S

Andy_S LE Book Reviewer

During the Korean War, I know of one infantry medical unit that kept a silenced Sten on hand to put horribly wounded blokes out of their misery. (Why did they not simply use a morphine OD? I don't know, but my source is impeccable.)

I also recall a tale of a paratrooper medic shooting a really badly wounded Argentinian squaddie - napalm, I think - at Goose Green to put him out of his agony. (Not sure if this was an urban legend or fact, though.)

Is there such a thing as mercy killing in combat medical units in more recent affairs?

8. Yeah happens all the time, that's why they are issued the Pistol.

9. Andy_S

Andy_S LE Book Reviewer

SNIP
    that's why they are issued the Pistol
    SNIP

I had no idea. Really?