US Marine KIA in Aftan--

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by jumpinjarhead, Sep 10, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The Department of Defense announced today the death of a Marine who was supporting Operation Enduring Freedom.

Capt. Joshua S. Meadows, 30, of Bastrop, Texas, died Sept. 5 while supporting combat operations in Farah province, Afghanistan. He was assigned to 1st Marine Special Operations Battalion, Marine Corps Forces Special Operations Command, Camp Pendleton, Calif.

2. How come the delay in reporting ? Sept 5th to Sept 10th.

3. Apparently there was difficulty in notifying NOK.

4. Maybe it's just been announced as the Marine was serving under Special Ops Command?

5. JJ please don't think we don't care because of one persons comments RIP

6. This is one article on him:

I just got email from a pal in our version of "Them" who says he was shot in a crossfire in a deep patrol and it was very difficult getting body out.

7. Condolences of course to the family.

8. Bit harsh with the title there.

Regardless of service or nationality, a family will be going through an incredibly tough time right now.

RIP and Semper Fi Marine.

9. Understood and appreciated. I am just a bit pissed off at the moment with this news--the guy's widow is expecting their first kid.

10. RIP. Condolences to the family. We do care, Yank or Brit. All the same IMO. Especially after reading that article about how the US Marines thoughty highly of Brit forces out there.

11. Sorry-I was still a bit miffed at a post on the thread about our Canadian friends' loss of 2 of theirs.

12. I can say that article reflected my experience of many ops and training exercises over the years--nothing but highest regard for most in the UK forces.

13. RIP Marine.

14. RIP, Marine. Semper Fi.

Condolances to family and friends.

15. Give his oppo's time to rob his MFO box?