Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Skynet, Nov 14, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Below is an extract from a recent press report. I would think that if Pakistan goes bad supplying British Troops will be a nightmare.

Still, Morrell said the U.S. military had begun looking at alternate routes to send supplies to its troops in Afghanistan in case the political crisis in Pakistan makes current supply lines unavailable.

The U.S. military sends 75 percent of its supplies for the Afghanistan war through or over Pakistan, including 40 percent of the fuel sent to troops, the Defense Department said.

"There are efforts under way right now to figure out contingency supply lines to our troops in Afghanistan if it becomes necessary to alter the way we now support our troops in Afghanistan," Morrell said.

"In light of the fact that there is civil unrest in Pakistan, in light of the fact that there is a state of emergency in Pakistan, we feel it is responsible, given the importance of the Pakistani supply lines to our operations in Afghanistan, to have a contingency plan
  2. linky?
  3. There isn't one.
    And like the neo cons, Skynet doesn't have a contigency plan either. :D
  4. msr

msr LE

5. Ive got a Tom Tom Sat nav if anyone needs to know different routes into Afghan.

At the next convenient junction DO A U-TURN :!:
  6. So that'swhy the lights are on at MOD late at night..............
  7. it could be illegal immigrant cleaners or undercover journos pretending to be security guards going through the Top secret Documents in the paper shredder.
  8. My tip is to go to the archives and dust off the files marked "Berlin Airlift".

9. And the dakotas that did it cos we aint got any spare aircraft now!!
  11. Theres a spare Dakota at the memorial flight in RAF Coningsby that still flies, who says the government hasnt enough aircraft.
  12. I saw a C-46 Commando at an airshow here in the States several years ago. I believe that it's still flying...
  13. ...and a Lancaster bomber is operated by the Battle of Britain Flight!

No problem there then!

14. It would seem that the countries to the north of Afghanistan are neither predisposed to western views or hostile these being Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan and Tajikistan. China with a small border is over to the east and Iran to the west! Even if these countries could be persuaded to help it would be at a price and even then the terrain is mountainous and not too well developed from what I can see on the map? At least the Russians had a secure route in and out. If Pakistan really went bad I would think we would be really pushed. Does Bin Laden have a better tactical grasp than what we do?
  15. Ah Tone dear Tone, long gone now but just look at his LEGACY.