US KIT WE DO LIKE !!!

Ok we have uni''r''sole with his walt troll thread , So changing the topic slightly .What US forces kit
do we rate/ like ? No doubt this will end up in a slagging fest but i start the thread with good intentions .

For me it has to be ''Wiley-x'' Sunglasses , for those of you that have been to Iraq , you carnt help
but notice these ''gucci'' sunglasses/ goggles the US forces get issued , i think they are a great bit
of kit ,and it is so easy to ''trade'' your dodgy staybright beret badge for 80 bucks of Snazzy yank
shades .

Camp cots. When we arrived at Camp Arifjan for Telic 1 the septics had mounds of them stacked everywhere so, literally, hundreds were 'liberated' for our use. Very comfy and they don't tip over in the middle of the night like the old Brit issue ones.

Their cookhouses(chow halls) are out of this world .Of course us Brits raid their fridges
to get as many cans of pop as possible . the Yanks just look at as us as if we are a bunch
''skip lickers''oh we are a bunch of skip lickers .

Those DPM poncho liners. A lifesaver in January up a very cold mountain when used as a sleeping bag inner.

Slightly off topic but *shrug*.

Favourite bit of issued kit from "foreign" military has to be the little boxes of red and white wine issued to the Italians at meal times.

paveway_3 said:
Their cookhouses(chow halls) are out of this world .Of course us Brits raid their fridges
to get as many cans of pop as possible . the Yanks just look at as us as if we are a bunch
''skip lickers''oh we are a bunch of skip lickers .
On Telic during the build up, i recall making a trip to Camp Doha and nearly dying when i entered the chow hall, steak and lobster and no end of other decent food. We were living on MRE's and range stew on a daily basis.

Makes u realise how the other half live!!

Saw the post about the mini Tabasco bottles and that made me realise that I really rate MREs - especially with their water activated heating element.

Mr Happy

LE
Ammo state, air force is quite tasty if its not popped too many pills too.
Body armour, Bradley, Bino's,
Camp beds/cots of course
The Desert cam uniform looks fffing cutting edge to me

I was going to do an alphabetical list then I realised I have better things to do. And I couldn't think of anything to begin with E

Oh, and how could I forget - the NBC suit. As an embed with the US I blagged a couple ("don't want to stand out as being different") and have to say that having a non-charcol lining and a requirement to only wear a set of grots underneath made sitting down range in '03 marginally less unpleasant.

I like the way the Americans try to stay fashionable whilst they work out. Theres masses of special US army tracksuits, Baseball jackets and other stuff. All the usual civvi clothes just with ARMY written across it in bright yellow! ha.

slopey_shoulders said:
there birds in the military, actually look like women!
And some of them look like extremely large women.... even with the "operationally desirable" goggles on. Nothing more scarey than being cornered like a rat in a trap by two 18 stone Amazons who claim to find an English accent "kinda cute". Took me bloomin' ages to break clear of contact....... but I was very weak. Willed.

The plain olive drab M65 combat jacket with winter liner. Not for operational use, obviously, but great with scruff order for walking the dog/going down the pub etc.
Also great to give you that slightly edgy "Travis Bickle" look when travelling, so that no-one wants to sit next to you. I hate being crowded by fat sweaty septics. :D

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
The wee cookers that fit on their metal mugs like the Crusader cookers - smaller, lighter and just as good. Been proffable from the Septics for years.
NSN 8465-01-250-3632 for anyone that's interested.

Their DPK equivalent little placcy boxes. Waterproof and robust unless you do a belly flop on concrete. Hold 38 cigarettes and doesn't rust like baccy tins.

Bugger i miss smoking for all the useful little fringe gadgets iminent lung cancer gave you!

Latest Threads