US KIT WE DO LIKE !!!

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by paveway_3, Mar 29, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ok we have uni''r''sole with his walt troll thread , So changing the topic slightly .What US forces kit
    do we rate/ like ? No doubt this will end up in a slagging fest but i start the thread with good intentions .

For me it has to be ''Wiley-x'' Sunglasses , for those of you that have been to Iraq , you carnt help
    but notice these ''gucci'' sunglasses/ goggles the US forces get issued , i think they are a great bit
    of kit ,and it is so easy to ''trade'' your dodgy staybright beret badge for 80 bucks of Snazzy yank
    shades .

2. yes wileys! also the gucci little golf carts u see flying round all yank camps.

3. Camp cots. When we arrived at Camp Arifjan for Telic 1 the septics had mounds of them stacked everywhere so, literally, hundreds were 'liberated' for our use. Very comfy and they don't tip over in the middle of the night like the old Brit issue ones.

4. At the risk of re-igniting the Unisole bonfire, the M4 Carbine.

5. Their cookhouses(chow halls) are out of this world .Of course us Brits raid their fridges
    to get as many cans of pop as possible . the Yanks just look at as us as if we are a bunch
    ''skip lickers''oh we are a bunch of skip lickers .

6. Those tiny bottles of Tobasco?

7. Those DPM poncho liners. A lifesaver in January up a very cold mountain when used as a sleeping bag inner.

Slightly off topic but *shrug*.

Favourite bit of issued kit from "foreign" military has to be the little boxes of red and white wine issued to the Italians at meal times.

8. On Telic during the build up, i recall making a trip to Camp Doha and nearly dying when i entered the chow hall, steak and lobster and no end of other decent food. We were living on MRE's and range stew on a daily basis.

Makes u realise how the other half live!!

9. Saw the post about the mini Tabasco bottles and that made me realise that I really rate MREs - especially with their water activated heating element.

10. Rickshaw you should try beef stew and dumplings with bisquits brown .
    MRE's are ace ..

11. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

Ammo state, air force is quite tasty if its not popped too many pills too.
    Body armour, Bradley, Bino's,
    Camp beds/cots of course
    The Desert cam uniform looks fffing cutting edge to me

I was going to do an alphabetical list then I realised I have better things to do. And I couldn't think of anything to begin with E

12. Their little earlugs that come in the plastic box you can attach to your kit are ace. Ideal when there is a fcuking snorer in your midst....

13. Oh, and how could I forget - the NBC suit. As an embed with the US I blagged a couple ("don't want to stand out as being different") and have to say that having a non-charcol lining and a requirement to only wear a set of grots underneath made sitting down range in '03 marginally less unpleasant.

14. I like the way the Americans try to stay fashionable whilst they work out. Theres masses of special US army tracksuits, Baseball jackets and other stuff. All the usual civvi clothes just with ARMY written across it in bright yellow! ha.

15. Those cots are great - anyone ever bought one ?? Swapped one for a beret once.