US judge rules wiretaps illegal

Discussion in 'Multinational HQ' started by PartTimePongo, Aug 18, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

2. They'll probably be granted leave to continue the program pending an appeal. I'd be very surprised if this didn't end up in the Supreme Court- probably in 2 years or so- just as the members of Bush Administration are packing up their stuff to move out of the White House and to get ready for The Rapture.
  3. As far as I can see, this judgement only refers to the NRA. All Bush the Befuddled and his corrupt and bent cronies have to do is reroute their activities through any number of their other murky agencies and Robert is your mom's bro! This certainly won't stop them.

I've always wondered what would happen if all the big Septic cheeses suddenly found out that their phones were tapped and all their gaffs bugged. I bet even the death penalty would be considered much too mild for the culprits!

4. oh that made me laugh... :clap:

am glad that this 'policy' has been nipped in the bud, but as has been stated they will find some way around it.

This - - is somewhat tenuously related but I have always been very amused by this 'flash' from the ACLU... it's a bit tongue in cheek, but it serves to give you pause to think about where the 'big brother' information laden society is heading...
  5. ah well, I must have forgotten to remove my rose-tinted glasses for that one, maybe I skimmed over the reading too much.

still, knew they would find some work-around for it...after all G W Shrub isnt going to let something like a constitution and the idea of a 'seperation of powers' get in the way of his masterplan.