US IED Trainer/Simulator

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by jumpinjarhead, Aug 18, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. UK IED Trainer/Simulator

2. Cant really see the point in it to be honest....
  3. I can see a point in it help with training troops, so that people who've not been in that situation would have a vague idea of what it might be like, whether or not it'll work remains to be seen. Though the video doesn't say how the simulator would be used to train troops.

Exstab, I hope that picture is a wind up.
  4. Sadly not, that "bomb" lying in the snow was on one of our "Current operating environment" training weekends. I suppose it was intended to be tongue in cheek, not so sure about the snow....... They did have some proper Pressure Plates to be fair and we did get to use real Vallons as opposed to the last time I was doing those drills where we had to use a broom. :roll:

you have been watching....
  5. What a complete waste of money! You could achieve the same effect by having a couple of guys on each corner of the vehicle to shake it, or better still, send everybody to Alton Towers!
  6. They would have to be VERY big lads to chuck a HUMVEE around like that: but I am perplexed as to what the training value of this device is, and how it could be used.

I hope it is a privately funded venture: unless, in my dotage, I am simply failing to divine the clear training need that has led the Pentagon to pump tax dollars into it.
  7. Don't be too hard on the humble broom. Brooms worked well enough for the Pals Battalions and the Home Guard - and we ended up winning didn't we ?

Hoe this thought helps a little ;-D
  8. Nope its not a wind up...

Its battery powered.
  9. At least we get uniforms now.... [​IMG]