US House of Representatives

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by crabtastic, Sep 8, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Once again, the US political equivalent of the Muppet Show has come up trumps. A quagmire in Iraq, 43 million Americans without health insurance, a crippled education system, a burgeoning crisis in social security, terrorism, global warming and the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina hasn't managed to keep the distinguished gentlemen and gentlewomen (yes, they actually use that term) from the important stuff.

Hot on the heels of vital, yet controversial, issues such as gay marriage and flag burning, the House of Representatives put aside partisan bickering to outlaw the slaughter of horses. In doing so, they showed the American people that they had not lost their sense of perspective:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060907/ap_on_go_co/horse_slaughter;_ylt=AnMcX.OngmfKt5lcgcVqKhOLwfIE;_ylu=X3oDMTA5aHJvMDdwBHNlYwN5bmNhdA--

And these are the very same people expected to keep tabs on the Shaved Chimp. :roll:

2. But what about the huge amount of Parlimentary time consumed by the anti hunting legislation in the UK? That stalled a great number of actuall worth while bills so that New Liebour could fufill age old promises made to each other when they were all left wing students and pissed on snake bite.

It has damaged UK society as a whole and is completly unenforceable, another Bliar waste of time

3. Very true, but I don't recall the cultural significance of Basil Brush in British society being mentioned at any point as a key justification for outlawing foxhunting.

However, a ban on foxhunting damaging society as a whole? I grew up in a village of 300 people. It doesn't get much more rural than that- and the sociological effect of the ban has been negligable, if non-existent. (Personally, I couldn't give a monkey's either way- like you I think that there are bigger fish to fry.)

4. [/quote]

Americans have always reminded me of horses.
    Full of sh1t
    Panic easily
    and, at the first hint of danger, run like fvck.