US generals to be held accountable for friendly fire death

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Devil_Dog, Mar 24, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. CNN (on it's home page) is reporting breaking news that nine officers including four general will face action for the friendly fire death of a US soldier in Astan.

Looks like the kettle is boiling over.

http://www.cnn.com/

2. I'm sure Mrs Matty Hull, HCR and RHG/D will just love the double standards the U.S. has, w@nkers the lot of them!

3. The problem with this is that in all likelihood, the most punishment any of these people will see is a demotion/forced retirement and maybe payment of a small fine. Some punishment.

4. Perhaps Col Gus Kohntopp will be asked to answer charges as well for unlawful killing of Matty Hull? be asking abit much I suppose.

5. Spot on!

6. This investigation is to do with the cover up and not the actual incident itself, don't think it will change US policy.

7. Oh, I see!

It's ok to be crap at your job and shoot up friendlies, just don't be crap at your job, shoot up friendlies and try and hide the fact!

Duty, Honour, Country... my ARRSE!

8. Erm thats not what I said I'm just pointing out that report from the article appears to be covering the investigation into the death and how US Army officers origionally lied to cover up the incident and make it seem like he died of hostile fire.

9. We new that, if you had a sense of humour, you would have too! :headbang: