Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

US General Election 2020 Arrse Poll

Who would/did you vote for

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Folks, I added a one-day poll, so we can see the arrse membership’s view of today’s election.

I‘ve limited the poll to just one day, and the choices are basically the incumbent, Donald Trump (hence why he is listed first, no other reason), and his Democratic Party challenger, Joe Biden. I’ve separated it into those eligible to vote, and those not, again so we can see if there is a split.

I’ll ask a moderator to merge this thread into the Trump Presidency thread later in the week.

I'd vote Biden. I think he'll get the popular vote, but Trump will get the EC narrowly.

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
Trump - only because he's the least worse of an exceeding shite pair of buffoons.

The country that could boast of Lincoln, Washington and FDR can now only come up with comb-over and senile.

Wordsmith :x

Hippohunter

War Hero
The result has already been divided by big business and the money men. As Mark Twain said, "If voting made any difference they wouldn't let you do it".

Can't they just have a trial by combat? To the death obviously. My vote would be for a score-draw.

That’d be interesting. Given that both have Secret Service protection, it’d come down to a duel by proxy of the relevant Secret Service dets. My money would be on POTUS’s det. in fact, I wouldn’t put it past the Secret Service to put the weaker, older guys on Biden’s det. Admin case? Biden’s det. Nearing retirement? Biden’s det.

At POTUS’s direction, of course :)

Oyibo

LE
I clicked the wrong button (I don't have a vote in the US), but I would vote Trump for three reasons:

1. Better for the UK and a trade deal
2. I find the Democrats to be profoundly illiberal
3. It will make watching news and current affairs programs hilarious for the meltdowns

I haven't bothered following the news, though I'm going to shoot from the hip with the following assertation that as usual there's a small liberal media elite on both sides of your coast controlling most of the reporting repeatedly telling us that Biden is a shoe-in.

When in actual fact, Trump is going to landslide his way to a second term in the not too distant future.

I don't have a vote, but if I did it would be for Trump for the simple reason that a Republican/Trump win is the better result for the UK and the World at large.

Other non-important benefit will be lefty meltdowns.

Trump.
Only since I'm insulated from riots, baton charges, CS, & water cannons and since most other Pantomimes are cancelled.
Poor Melania though.
He'll defo demand a celebration poke.
Brace yer'sel hen.
Biden?
Mmm....honestly not convinced he is firing on all 8 cylinders any longer.
One is bonkers, a Grade A knut & knows he can get away with it, the other equally so but not wholly aware of it. More of a liability I'd have to say.

Last edited:

Ritch

LE
Trump.
Only since I'm insulated from riots, baton charges, CS, & water cannons and since most other Pantomimes are cancelled.
Poor Melania though.
He'll defo demand a celebration poke.
Brace yer'sel hen.

If he wins, the only thing he'll be poking is his iPhone's keyboard!

Does it matter?

It's going to end in massive violence no matter who wins.

Worse case scenario is a Minor Biden victory, as Trump will then claim its a rigged vote, and he's not leaving! At which point we're likely on course for the ACW2.
But even if Trump wins, maybe with the electoral college, but loosing the popular vote, then you'll have shown to large chunks of the population they're disenfranchised, and away we go!

I didn't vote a vote so I voted a vote for vote.

Go Vote 2020!

(See option 3 if you're bewildered)

If Trump wins again, will the media in the UK blame it on Brexit?

Trump - only because he's the least worse of an exceeding shite pair of buffoons.

The country that could boast of Lincoln, Washington and FDR can now only come up with comb-over and senile.

Wordsmith :x

Most US presidents (and other leaders around the world) have their faults. Washington for example was a racist slave owner who wasn't that great to the Indians. Trump just doesnt bother to hide behind words that people want to hear.

I hope Trump wins but I think Biden will take it.

I clicked the wrong button (I don't have a vote in the US), but I would vote Trump for three reasons:

1. Better for the UK and a trade deal
2. I find the Democrats to be profoundly illiberal
3. It will make watching news and current affairs programs hilarious for the meltdowns

Number 3 is the main reason I hope he wins.

Latest Threads