US General Defends Court Martial for Pregnancies

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by JoeCivvie, Dec 20, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

2. My bold pregnant males good old yanks instead of “blue on blue” would that be “pink on brown” or is how to get a man pregnant part of Yank predeployment training?

3. Funny thing is that when the prospect of wimmin sodjures getting belly filled was raised as an issue during the debate about deploying wimmin to the sharp end it was howled down by the equal rights brigade. And (somewhere) a British military spokesman was quoted as saying that it wasn't seen as a "significant issue".

So where are we now with this issue, is it significant or not?

And furthermore, if a child is conceived during a deployment to the sharp end, does it qualify for veteran status on return to UK? What about its elligability for a campaign medal?

4. An open and shut case for the issue of the NDM eodmatt. :D

In my view, Major General Cucolo has a very good case. The soldiers can carry on shagging to their hearts content, but pregnancy is very easily prevented.

The people are so highly trained and so thin on the ground that you cannot afford to allow them to swan off unnecessarily.

That's my opinion for what it's worth.

5. How long do you think it will take before they enforce the regulation and someone has them for infringing their human rights? How much did it cost the MOD on this very issue not so many years ago how many millions?

6. cbgramc, don't talk to me about human rights, in my day we didn't have any. :wink:

It all started to go down hill when they gave women the vote and it won't stop till the Muslims are running the show. Thank feck I will be dead by then. :D

Edited 'cos it didn't come out the way I wanted.

7. Basso I’m with you 100% but we all know it is only a matter of time and once it happens the flood gates will open, not only RTU’d, a sham Court Martial and the likelihood of a massive payout basically for a sh@g on tour, the Orderly Room will be stuffed full of burds with excused war chits who were too clever and avoided the council house, white stiletto heels and pram brigade. No GI Jane joined the Army earned a payout she could only dream of in Chav street and with any luck some mug to donate 1/3 of his earnings for the next 16 years.

8. I guess it all comes down to committment. To me career comes before child. I have to admit I don't understand the women who serve and get preggers on duty! There is no such thing as an unplanned pregnancy, not with the variety of contraception at hand.

I see where the American guy is coming from. Serious money is spent on training women, and then this happens.

Out of curiosity, what is the Brit policy on elective surgery whilst on operation? For instance, could a woman serving in Afghanistan get a termination if she got pregnant?

9. Agreed :wink: ,and for the first time "in my opinion the Yank's have it RIGHT"

10. Wouldn't this be classed as making yourself unfit for duty? Same as (rumour/urban myth) VD or sunburn only a bit more extreme. :)

11. Getting preggers during tour: agree completely, and send father-th-be to same court msrtial as they both broke the no-touching rule) - you could have some amazingly odd cases!

What about those already pregnant on arrival in theatre? Especially as it can take several weeks before even the woman knows for sure.

12. There is a lot of advanced warning about Tours, If you conceive post warning order you should be charged thats just my humble opinion. :D

13. No, having a termination in ops would result in an aeromed, not only that but it wouldn't happen because it is non essential and it could take up valuable theatre time for someone who may need urgent surgery. Pregnancy on ops has one out come and that is aeromed.

14. The Royal Corps of Coathangers? :)

15. It is a mine field those of us of a certain age will remember the £250k+ pay outs the last time that the pregnancy thing raised its head.