US Friendly Fire

It's a really sad state of affairs and certainly highlights the US Force's gung ho attitude. Some serious questions should be asked here and the APACHE crews either removed from the service (via dishonourable discharge) or be brought to justice by A manslaughter charge (possibly murder based on the fact that our squaddies Certainly would not be dressed like the enemy)

elovabloke

ADC
Your well behind the times. This happened in 2009. Its a bugger, shit happens, people try a find a way to stop it happening again (it will) not taking anything away from the lose of the families.

..........................................While any blue on blue is something that should never happen, it does!

Murphy's law & the fog of war will see to it that these things will happen again!

& don't think for one minute, that the Yanks are the only ones that have been guilty of it. It's just their gung ho attitude that makes it the more unbearable.

Spams are (or had as at 2003) a 1* led directorate looking in to fratricide aka balls ups.

It's a really sad state of affairs and certainly highlights the US Force's gung ho attitude. Some serious questions should be asked here and the APACHE crews either removed from the service (via dishonourable discharge) or be brought to justice by A manslaughter charge (possibly murder based on the fact that our squaddies Certainly would not be dressed like the enemy)
Please tell me your military experience is limited to paint balling twice a year (where you no doubt have blue on blues with other fat people.)

Blue on blues aren't always down to shite drills on the part of the firer and certainly can't be blamed on a gung ho attitude. More often than not it is down to that good old honest held belief and a fear of immediate and painful death.

I say this having once, been on the wrong end of someone with access to 40mm and having witnessed a competent sergeant and a very competent corporal go at it like two very scared possessed men.

Spams are (or had as at 2003) a 1* led directorate looking in to fratricide aka balls ups.
So does UK.

While I don't disagree that this will happen whatever measures are taken. Some use this an excuse to do nothing about it. The simple truth is that there are no figures/evidence to say in which situations CID is achieved and fratricide is avoided. I've heard a few saying that as there are no figures to back up training, it isn't required.

The US is no better or worse than anyone else as far as fratricide incidents. Although theirs end up on page one of whatever rag is featuring it. UK incidents usually end up buried away on other pages. Invariably though, the subject is misunderstood and reported inaccurately. You'd probably get more sense from that bloke down the pub who stinks of piss and tells you he was in the SAS.

Even if that was the case. Fratricide is rarely down to a single factor.

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
After reading Cdr Ade Orchard's 'Joint Force Harrier' and gaining some tiny understanding of the difficulties of identifying the target correctly, and what the author says about the Taliban learning to get in really close, I'm amazed it doesn't happen far more frequently.

S

Screw_The_Nut

Bollocks, bollocks, bollocks.

How many Apaches do you people think we have over there? A couple, maybe 4? Definately no more than 6.

How many Apaches do you think the US have over there? A couple hundred? Maybe 4? Probably more than 6.

****ing of course you are going to have more blue on blue, if you are the only ones shooting. The ****ing press are an ignorant bunch of ***********, thought the members of this site would be better but the jury is obviously still out.

Oh and by the way, USMC ANGLICOs are some of the best soldiers I've seen out there, of any nationality.

S

Screw_The_Nut

Are you for real? Tell me you've been drinking. Of course it really does matter what you wear when the targetting system runs on thermal imaging....

Bollocks, bollocks, bollocks.

How many Apaches do you people think we have over there? A couple, maybe 4? Definately no more than 6.

How many Apaches do you think the US have over there? A couple hundred? Maybe 4? Probably more than 6.

****ing of course you are going to have more blue on blue, if you are the only ones shooting. The ****ing press are an ignorant bunch of ***********, thought the members of this site would be better but the jury is obviously still out.

Oh and by the way, USMC ANGLICOs are some of the best soldiers I've seen out there, of any nationality.
Why should ARRSE be any different? The majority of the CoC appear to get their briefings from the same people.

Apart from that, I couldn't agree more

Latest Threads