US Friendly Fire - the ultimate!

#2
:D :D Probably getting some training in before a visit to the sandpit. Just to be sure of his drills.

Typical....aim....fire and then identify :twisted: :twisted:
Feel safer with a dick at the trigger :evil:
 
#3
Damn. Beat me to it! Best bit is, 'Ms Armstrong said Mr Cheney had turned round to shoot at a bird but sprayed Mr Whittington with shotgun pellets instead.' ! ! !
 
#4
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.......................what a dick.
 
#5
I think it's more to do with target identification. He was shooting Quail, FFS.

Compare, if you will, a bird that is smaller than a football with a man, probably in excess of 5'5" tall, dressed in Walt finery, carrying a weapon. Easy mistake to make, non?
 
#6
Too...many...jokes...
Head...about...to...explode.
Must...remember...to...breathe.

Oh sh1t, I've p1ssed my pants- again.
 
#8
You know, I just predicted on another forum that The Usual Suspects would find reason to make juvenile jokes about an honest mistake which is made in hunting with modest frequency. Thanks for not letting me down.

And no, I'd not find reason to rag on Gore, Kerry, or Clinton for the same mistake. Thank God the man hit will be fine.
 
#9
sarc Yes it is an honest mistake, he didnt intentionally shoot the guy. He just mistook the guy for a small football sized duck. That to me would also make it a stupid mistake... /sarc.

Seriously why are there so many accidents if hunters are positively identifying targets before shooting? surely its not as high pressure as a combat zone so why the jumpy shooting ?(im not slaggin i am genuninely enquiring here as a non-hunter)
 
#11
Yank_Lurker said:
You know, I just predicted on another forum that The Usual Suspects would find reason to make juvenile jokes about an honest mistake which is made in hunting with modest frequency. Thanks for not letting me down.

And no, I'd not find reason to rag on Gore, Kerry, or Clinton for the same mistake. Thank God the man hit will be fine.
Oh FFS- get a sense of humour, man.

IIRC, when Clinton shot a load over somebody, articles of impeachment were raised.

In HMF, such an event is not classed as an "honest mistake", it is called a negligent discharge (ND, also known as a Bang-Fcuk). Even accidentally blatting a round into the ground ahead of you earns you a stand-up interview without coffee- let along shooting someone in the face, neck and chest. Perhaps that's why our Div commanders don't feel the need to bribe their troops with a day off if they somehow manage to go 100 days without getting either themselves or another member of their unit killed by accident(4 days off if they make it to the magic 200). http://www.25idl.army.mil/

There was only reason for this- if we rule out attempted murder- it's just bad drills.

(Edited for spelling)
 
#12
Funny how this little song springs to mind!!
 
#13
Corporal said:
Perfectly understandable accident, the guy he shot was wearing a blue and red suit that resembled the Union Jack.
Yes but then the shot guy pulled out a grenade and said 'thing for little Jimmy in 'Nam in 72'
 
#14
crabtastic said:
Yank_Lurker said:
You know, I just predicted on another forum that The Usual Suspects would find reason to make juvenile jokes about an honest mistake which is made in hunting with modest frequency. Thanks for not letting me down.

And no, I'd not find reason to rag on Gore, Kerry, or Clinton for the same mistake. Thank God the man hit will be fine.
Oh FFS- get a sense of humour, man.

IIRC, when Clinton shot a load over somebody, articles of impeachment were raised.

(Edited for spelling)
You don't recall correctly. When Clinton, the President of the United States, lied under oath, articles of impeachment were raised. If I or any other citizen of the US were caught committing perjury, we'd be up sh!t's creek. I guess some pigs (and I do mean pigs) are more equal than others. Let's raise a glass to republican (small "r") principles of everyone equal under the law, shall we? I'm far less concerned with a simple hunting accident, than with conspiracy to obstruct a Congressionally-ordered investigation, emanating from the Oval Office.
 
#15
Yank_Lurker said:
crabtastic said:
Yank_Lurker said:
You know, I just predicted on another forum that The Usual Suspects would find reason to make juvenile jokes about an honest mistake which is made in hunting with modest frequency. Thanks for not letting me down.

And no, I'd not find reason to rag on Gore, Kerry, or Clinton for the same mistake. Thank God the man hit will be fine.
Oh FFS- get a sense of humour, man.

IIRC, when Clinton shot a load over somebody, articles of impeachment were raised.

(Edited for spelling)
You don't recall correctly. When Clinton, the President of the United States, lied under oath, articles of impeachment were raised. If I or any other citizen of the US were caught committing perjury, we'd be up sh!t's creek. I guess some pigs (and I do mean pigs) are more equal than others. Let's raise a glass to republican (small "r") principles of everyone equal under the law, shall we? I'm far less concerned with a simple hunting accident, than with conspiracy to obstruct a Congressionally-ordered investigation, emanating from the Oval Office.
I refer the Hon Member to Crab's previous post: "Oh FFS- get a sense of humour, man."
 
#16
staaken said:
Yank_Lurker said:
crabtastic said:
Yank_Lurker said:
You know, I just predicted on another forum that The Usual Suspects would find reason to make juvenile jokes about an honest mistake which is made in hunting with modest frequency. Thanks for not letting me down.

And no, I'd not find reason to rag on Gore, Kerry, or Clinton for the same mistake. Thank God the man hit will be fine.
Oh FFS- get a sense of humour, man.

IIRC, when Clinton shot a load over somebody, articles of impeachment were raised.

(Edited for spelling)
You don't recall correctly. When Clinton, the President of the United States, lied under oath, articles of impeachment were raised. If I or any other citizen of the US were caught committing perjury, we'd be up sh!t's creek. I guess some pigs (and I do mean pigs) are more equal than others. Let's raise a glass to republican (small "r") principles of everyone equal under the law, shall we? I'm far less concerned with a simple hunting accident, than with conspiracy to obstruct a Congressionally-ordered investigation, emanating from the Oval Office.
I refer the Hon Member to Crab's previous post: "Oh FFS- get a sense of humour, man."
And I refer the Hon Member to his going on to then reiterate a tiresomely common falsehood about the reasons for impeaching Bubba.
 
#17
My friend, you need to calm down a bit. You're acting like the type of nitwit who would take American Dad to be a public service announcement projecting the model for the modern family in the US. You're brighter than this and you know it.

I wasn't trying to make any kind of political statement. It was a simply off the cuff remark about Clinton- a pun, if you will. (Although it's comical, to be frank, that you raise questions of integrity and perjury only a short couple of days after Scooter Libby has started squawking to a federal prosecutor regarding orders he received from Cheney regarding Valerie Plame.)

I'd happily debate the various points regarding the Clinton impeachment, but this isn't the time or the place- especially since it was seven fcuking years ago. FFS, he got a blowjob off a pie-eating munter (and who here hasn't at some point in their lives?)- get over it! If you think I, of all people, should have some sort of loyalty or deference towards your Vice President, even though he was a big enough fcukwit to unload a weapon into someone's face, I suggest you avoid watching the likes of Leno, Letterman and Conan O'Brien for the next couple of weeks- not to mention John Stewart- you might not be able to cope. Now, as an aside, if there ever was a man on this planet that needed a good hummer to get his head in the right place, it'd be Dick Cheney- and I know of just the right people to help him out:



Now please, in the words of the late, great Richard Pryor- have a coke and a smile and STFU while I raise another faecetious question about whether the bloke he tried to cap was on his Energy Task Force or involved in the Valerie Plame incident.

Seriously, I'd expect this sort of self-righteous b0llocks to come from Neo_Con or T6. I thought you were bright enough to realise when someone was taking the p1ss.
 
#18
Crab, you're right. It's 0106, I'm at work, and my eve went as such: soon-to-be-ex-wife is an hour away, calls to inform me that her best friend died on the operating table this afternoon. She's hysterical. Not much I can do, she's going to go doing the rounds up in her home town, seeing everyone about the death; I say a prayer for the soul of the departed--a truly decent woman, single mother who's leaving her only son with not much at all. Not even life insurance. I sleep in "our" bed as opposed to the couch in my office, since I assume soon-to-be-ex is not coming home tonight. Her brother drives her home, she comes in loaded *to the gills* on tequila. Falls onto bed, I attempt to be comforting, she begins screaming at me about my "perfect life" etc. I move to the couch in my office; she follows a few minutes later to scream at me again about how she just wanted comforting and it's "all about you, as usual". I manage to sleep for another hour, wake up, shower, brush teeth, puke in toilet, brush teeth again. Drive the hour commute to work.

I'm afraid my sense of humor is being a bit savaged right now, my apologies.
 
#19
Sorry to hear that Y_L. My condolences to your wife.

Take good care of her.
 

Similar threads


Latest Threads

Top