US Forces Korea is lifting its curfew for 90 days to see if troops can behave

Oh, and I suppose you Brits are all angels when off duty? :-D Tales have been told of BAOR squaddies in its hey-day, Hamburg, Amsterdam, etc. :cyclopsani::nod::nod::nod::mrgreen: And how about Sluggy who terrorized the local population down in the Falklands during her jolly - drinking beer from a crippled man's peg leg. I'll bet he needed that leg to get home. :1: (Sounds like a jolly jape to me tho' :p
MOD if its legal on country of service OK, not drugs though

Actually, it was considered a hardship tour when I was in. It was usually only 1 year and unaccompanied. Geographical bachelors can get in an awful lot of trouble in 1 year.
Easiest way to make Sergeant in the US Army

go to South Korea as a Staff Sergeant

Wasn't it the Cameronians in the 50s. Tried to poison some German towns water supply after a falling out? That takes some beating for of base japes and jolly's...:salut::)

TamH70

MIA
Wasn't it the Cameronians in the 50s. Tried to poison some German towns water supply after a falling out? That takes some beating for of base japes and jolly's...:salut::)
The Cameronians took grave exception to a taxi driver battering one of their mates in the town of Minden, or at least that's one of the versions I've read, and decided to do to it what the Goths did to Rome.

This website seems to have a better idea of events, but your mileage may vary:

The Cameronians - Scottish Rifles - 50th Anniversary

D

Deleted 24582

Unless sequestration kicks in...again.

That can will be kicked down the road until about December again...but the last shutdown is all but forgotten. With all the other events here at home and in the world it is rather passé .

D

Deleted 60082

The Cameronians took grave exception to a taxi driver battering one of their mates in the town of Minden, or at least that's one of the versions I've read, and decided to do to it what the Goths did to Rome.

This website seems to have a better idea of events, but your mileage may vary:

The Cameronians - Scottish Rifles - 50th Anniversary
What’s a Court Marshal? An appalling piece of writing which is all but impossible to follow. Dates scattered around like mad woman’s poo.

Did I ever tell you the story about why I never let the bartenders in Korea police up my empties? (Soju)

Bullshit it's a hardship tour for 2ID

Also I bet it last a week before someones caught phucking the midget of TokoRi

I must admit, of all places to have a jolly in, S Korea doesn't set my heart racing. I bet the night after the posting is out on orders, those about to be posted to Korea must be busting every dollar in the local bars and brothels. A place where you're gated, that could go atomic at a moment's notice , yep I can see tears of not joy on the face of every US serviceman posted there.

I was in Cyprus in between the lifting of the Ayia Napa Mini Moke shovel ban and the Booties on exercise causing the ban to be re-instated. One single weekend was all we had. :-(

I was in Cyprus in between the lifting of the Ayia Napa Mini Moke shovel ban and the Booties on exercise causing the ban to be re-instated. One single weekend was all we had. :-(

You'd only have got p@ssed senseless and sh@gged rotten. Prolly saved yourself a trip to the pox doctors too, you lucky lad.

I can hear it now.

"Yu wan suckee? Me ruv yu rong time. Fordee dorra soljaboy".

How romantic.

TamH70

MIA
I can hear it now.

"Yu wan suckee? Me ruv yu rong time. Fordee dorra soljaboy".

How romantic.

Worst Korea's standard of spoken English is a lot higher than that. Viet prossys? Now we're talking.