US Forces in Hampshire area?

Discussion in 'Multinational HQ' started by bjsr2, Aug 5, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi, is there any US Forces in Hampshire?

Like US Navy at Portsmouth? Or somewhere?

I know there was RAF Hythe, but thats gone.

I wanna get some Hersey bars from a PX :) Hmmmmmm Hersey bars.

2. No, why not go to a sweet shop and buy them, its hershey anyway, not what you wrote.

3. Why do you want US chocs? They have less cocoa than UK chocs and are generally worse quality.

4. hershey bars are aload of shite! compo yorkie anyday!!!!!

5. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

6. what on earth do you actually want Hershey bars for?

you can have Yorkie, Galaxy, Whole Nut, Dairy Milk etc.... but no, you want that sad 'also ran' variety of chocolate from oe'r the pond.

:?

When I lived in the states I had chocolate parcels sent over from here because the US stuff is so bad.... and I am still sending the occasional package of Galaxy and Maltesers over to friends there because even they recognised that Hershey's is a poor substitute in matters chocolate.

7. Most Asda Walmarts, and some branches of Woolies sell them too...

8. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

We have a deli that sells them as well.
    Never seen anybody buy them but they are on the counter!

9. :twisted: i have a root beer problem .........hershey cookies and cream bars are nice but the regular tastes like baking chocolate or the crap stuff in the old rations .

american junk food here

bit more than you would pay for in the us but your not in the us

At least you can get HP sauce and branston pickle over there which is more than i can say for ze germans !

What now? :twisted:

10. My daughter misses her Grape Jelly and Peanut Butter (!) I looked on Ebay, and found this place. Looked at the postcode and saw that it is literally 500 yards from my house !

It is on North Lane in Aldershot....

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/The-Stateside-Candy-Co

11. Huh no PBJ's over in the UK guru??

12. No. Peanut Butter is not a problem, but the grape jelly is a bit hard to get hold of. I have a friend in Boston, Ma and she sends stuff over. I got a package of 75 Slim Jims last week. But it goes both ways, she said that Cadburys is mega expensive. So when I went to visit last year, I took a bergan full of the stuff.

13. Trip_Wire

Trip_Wire RIP

I have to agree with many here. I prefer Brit chocolate bars over Hershey bars anytime. The Cadbury bars beat Hershey bars IMHO anytime!

I think the first time I found this out was during the Korean War, when I was able to buy or trade cigareetes for 'Kit Cat,' and Cadbury bars, from the Brits.

14. Slim Jims, Guru? Fcuk no! The lining's thicker than a Gurkha's foreskin.

Pepperami, mate. Every time.

P.S. Colour me happy, they've finally started selling hob nobs, McVitie's Chocolate digestives (milk and plain) and Weetabix (albeit made in Canada) on a widespread basis Spamside. Can get Heinz baked beans, but I'm fcuked if I'm going to pay close to $4 a tin for them.

P.P.S. Consignments of Irn Bru regularly shipped over by visiting friends/relatives.

15. You havent lived till you've eaten Nestle "Turtles". :p

Usually available in canada but obtainable in the U.K. at prime + 300% 8O

(any one going to Canada.....'bout crimbo time?) :wink:

Attached Files: