US fighter jets in action over Yemen

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/09/world/middleeast/09intel.html?_r=1&hp

WASHINGTON — The Obama administration has intensified the American covert war in Yemen, exploiting a growing power vacuum in the country to strike at militant suspects with armed drones and fighter jets, according to American officials.
From dodgy CIA/JSOC mission to full blown military intervention using conventional forces!

So not satisfied with Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Libya (and probably others we don't know about) he's got US forces engaging yet another group of militants in yet another local conflict.

WTF? Is Obama smoking crack? Or just injecting into his eyeballs?

Its not as if they can take off from BFO flat ships, is it?

Oh, hold on...

Nah, after upsetting Bibi he's just looked at the frightening Romney numbers and realized he might need to bomb his way into second term.

I couldnt care less, I hope it attracts the bundles of Jihadis of Yeman origin away from Afghanistan.

Err considering one of the last major terror attacks against the US was carried out by a setting fire to his pants who apparantly was trained and equiped by Yemen based terrorists, as well as those printer cartridge bombs, I'd say he's got plenty of reason to drop a few bombs on the bastards. Or would waiting quietly until the fucks finally figure out how to build a bomb that works be better?

I couldnt care less, I hope it attracts the bundles of Jihadis of Yeman origin away from Afghanistan.
Doubt it. Yemen, North & South have been a hot bed of sedition for 40 years. So what's new. Baluchistan has yet to make a full impact on the news headlines in UK. That should split the vote as to who commutes where.

Once flew to Nairobbery by Yemeni, if I had to do it again I'd walk, frightened the hell
out of the Mem Sahib.

ugly

LE
I thought it was crater or was that wishful thinking?
What's an 'E' or a 'O', neither of us were there, were we?
Se step picking en mo, am enly littlo.

ugly

LE
What's an 'E' or a 'O', neither of us were there, were we?
Se step picking en mo, am enly littlo.
No it was meant to be a witty play on words referring to Mad Mitch's desire to do such a thing to the area, turn it into a crater!
Slaps forehead and wanders off muttering to clean guns!

No it was meant to be a witty play on words referring to Mad Mitch's desire to do such a thing to the area, turn it into a crater!
Slaps forehead and wanders off muttering to clean guns!
I am, chastised to the Nnnth degree.........I cleaned my Gun earlier!

Err considering one of the last major terror attacks against the US was carried out by a setting fire to his pants who apparantly was trained and equiped by Yemen based terrorists, as well as those printer cartridge bombs, I'd say he's got plenty of reason to drop a few bombs on the bastards. Or would waiting quietly until the fucks finally figure out how to build a bomb that works be better?
Er, so you've absorbed nothing about the various 'gwot' expeditions of the last decade?

Bombing the shit out of yet another bunch of Muzzies is not going to improve the security of the United States, or wider western world.

But easing your thousand foot, death spewing cock out of Mohammed's arse just might do the trick.

Err, the fucks don't need a better bomb if some Beltway eigit panics every time a ounce of PETN finds its way onto comercial air traffic.

I've no serous objections to ineffectually bombing rag heads in response, hey it plays well on Fox, but I'm missing how fixating on a couple of hundred dumbass Yemen based takfiri is a strategic masterstroke amidst what looks like a destabilizing civil war and the wider Arab spring clusterfuck.

Er, so you've absorbed nothing about the various 'gwot' expeditions of the last decade?

Bombing the shit out of yet another bunch of Muzzies is not going to improve the security of the United States, or wider western world.

But easing your thousand foot, death spewing cock out of Mohammed's arse just might do the trick.
Theres a world of a difference between invading and occupying either Iraq or Afghanistan and bombing Yemenis from however many thousand feet and being home in time for supper. Killing those who wish to kill you is a fairly solid way of stopping them. The fact the Americans spend over $20Billion a year on foreign aid let alone military aid shows that theres a carrot as well as a stick its just convenient for the US bashers to ignore. So where abouts was the thousand foot death spewing cock in relation to Mohammed's arse when the American embassies in Africa got bombed in 1998 or the World Trade Center in 1993? Or the whole range of Islamist terror attacks prior to 2001? Let me guess that good old failsafe of America being mates with Israel, always seems to justify a bit of mass murder.
Alib who's claimed its a strategic masterstroke or that the Americans are fixating on Yemen in particular? I'd imagine the State Department and Pentagon are taking plenty of interest in Egypt, Tunisia, Libya and Syria.

Alib who's claimed its a strategic masterstroke or that the Americans are fixating on Yemen in particular? I'd imagine the State Department and Pentagon are taking plenty of interest in Egypt, Tunisia, Libya and Syria.
Of the above only Cairo and Damascus matter. The US has less influence over Syria than its trading partners in the EU and Turkey. It is plainly all at sea in pivotal Egypt.

Fearfully structuring ME policy based on the relatively trivial threats of folk like AQAP was always foolish. With these countries undergoing changes of management likely to be highly adverse to US interests I'd hope DC would get its act together.

Team Saleh, the Pentagon's main source of Yemeni HUMINT, is now desperate. It has a history of calling in foreign air to deal with regime opponents. Escalating the covert war in Yemen just as DC's resident bastard gets toasted and the country falls apart is not a good sign.

Latest Threads