US female hostage rescue... sketchy details ??

Adding a little more of the quote from the OP:
At the beginning of a White House news conference on the coronavirus, the president spoke to efforts to bring U.S. citizens home from overseas during the pandemic, and cited cooperation from the governments of Peru and Honduras.

"We were able to get a young woman released from a certain area who was being horribly accosted, horribly treated," he then added.
I suspect that the cooperation from the Peruvian government to the US is the same as has just been given to the UK government. The Peruvians have agreed to allow flights to repatriate people stranded after the lockdown.

There continues to be various random C130 flights out of the airport but I can’t tell what nation they’re from.

Mention of the ‘Sendero Luminoso’ up thread... they are basically cocaine growers and producers, but they have broadened their scope to now include ‘traditional’ (ie illegal) gold mines.

Thats it, My mistake. Sorry. Isn't the full title Development Group, and Delta was CAG, Combat applications Group.
Full title Naval Special Warfare Development Group. NSWDG. The US Navy, with their fondness for exceptionally long acronyms stretches out the final DG to DEVGRU, for short (which is exactly the same number of letters) and if any of them ever actually thought long enough about it, you can be sure they'd likely prefer NAVSPECWARDEVGRU.

And, YES. 1st Special Forces Operational Detachment-Delta (SFOD-D), is also called Delta Force, Delta, Combat Applications Group (CAG), "The Unit", Task Force Green, and "those hippies from the bird cage we gotta go pull security cordon for, again."

Not sure if "NAVSPECWARDEVGRU." would work

All acronyms have to be short enough to fit when embroidered on a ball cap.

Ja, wouldn't want anyone to know you're a sneaky beaky type, now would you...?

I'll have to ask my neighbors at "NAVCOMTELSTAASCOMM DET WHIDBEY" how they feel about that...

well Peru and Honduras were mentioned as helping, both not exactly neighbors of Venezuela or Colombia
Close enough and friendly enough to have been used as jump off points, but apparently it was a soccer team nothing sneaky.

You mean DEVGRU, also known as NSWDG.
......or, in conversation to the question, “which unit are you with”? The answer is, “I’m from Virginia Beach”.

......or, in conversation to the question, “which unit are you with”? The answer is, “I’m from Virginia Beach”.
But don't ask why "Doc" is the only one with an RPK.

I usually tell people "I spent most of my time at Benning, with a couple of side trips."

They've obviously improved a wee bit in the past 10 years:

Surprised POTUS not named the SEAL Team yet, but surely to be them.
Rangers & Delta Force normally to big for a clandestine behind the lines missions.

Would not be too surprised if British XXX*, XXX, XXX & Box 6 operational also & in country.

Note: * for security purposes, fill in the blanks
X BOx 6 is how

Interesting
Honduras is very high crime with powerful drug cartels. In recent years a transfer point for Fentanyl made in China and bound for the US. Perhaps a kidnapped hostage.
Peru has a long history of Sendero Luminosa terrorists, members of the Peruvian communist party. Declining activity over the past 10 years but there are active remnants (Real Sendero Luminosa, Continuity Sendero Luminosa??? some did not go away you know)

The US in the last week or so has been flying home many US citizens stuck in Honduras due to Covid 19 restrictions.

If I had to guess, given the mention of two countries that are not adjacent, I wonder if there was a military extraction from Peru followed by flight home from Honduras in a C130 or C17 which have been used to fly the stranded home. (C130 flight would make RyanAir seem posh)

If it was a military extraction my guess, given extracting one woman, would be one of the even numbered USN SEAL teams from Little Creek or the team with no number at Dam Neck.

If it was a SEAL activity we may not hear much more. They are usually rather close mouthed. The son of a friend is a LCDR who commands a SEAL task unit. Even his father, a retired CAPT who was cleared Yankee White does not know where the son is when deployed.
If anyone has watched Act of Valour starring real SeALs kind of reconstructing their missions from past covert ops. Throughout the film, the emphasis on taking down a Chechen / Russian freedom fighter turned Bin figure and his old best friend whose a Russian mobster and smuggler. First mission is to rescue an undercover Female CIA agent whose been rumbled captured and tortured by the Russian crew in Latin America.

cheers

Surprised POTUS not named the SEAL Team yet, but surely to be them.
Rangers & Delta Force normally to big for a clandestine behind the lines missions.

Would not be too surprised if British XXX*, XXX, XXX & Box 6 operational also & in country.

Note: * for security purposes, fill in the blanks
*for security purposes DONT fill in the blanks - but for the rest of the arrseretti, go ahead. :cool:

They've obviously improved a wee bit in the past 10 years:

Apparently so have you lot over the years

Seriously stop being a dumbass, every nations military has had its screwups

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Military Clothing & Boots 7
Oyibo The NAAFI Bar 830
Raven2008 Royal Air Force 281

Latest Threads