US female hostage rescue... sketchy details ??

Hush. undone buttons sink pontoons!

Nope you’ve got it all wrong, it’s Trumps latest $10,000 per night sleep over BBF. Gen, I have it on the strictest authority, that he sent her to ***** *******, to stock up on avocado especially as he heard that the word is South America for bow-locks. He thought by eating some he might grow a pair and tackle the US’s more clanging enmities such as the Boy Scouts of America?
Why bother? Seriously, if that's your best effort give up.

P.O.N.T.I

War Hero
One wonders if it was a female operative from one of the three letter acronymn agencies who might have gotten into a sticky situation either in Venezuela, or Colombia.
RAF SAC ?

Fair one, it must be a bugger fast roping a Chally 2.
The knack is to be on the top of it when it touches the ground and not the other way round...

Wasn’t Lt Strangely-Brown in charge too?
Nope, it was of course @Robme.

And of course, he never worked at Perkins - he was too busy winning the MM whilst working undercover in Ulster with Maurice Oldfield as a member of MI6. Or was it the MRF? Difficult to remember, could’ve been anything really. He was in the SAS too, did he say that? Of course, he couldn’t resist saying that. He has 12, yes 12 medals although you’ll never see them, including an ‘operational’ OBE as a ‘civil servant’ for doing Maurice’s ‘admin’.....

He fought in the Falklands with 2 PARA in 1982 and also met the Queen - I’m sure you all know that...

His true function is to provide unlimited hilarity across Arrse with his endless fibs so why shouldn’t he have had a diversion into industry?

It’s NASA next I think.

He’s certainly funny.

If you look at the link you posted, it says Trump mentioned the helpfulness of Peru and Honduras so maybe more South America.
Interesting
Honduras is very high crime with powerful drug cartels. In recent years a transfer point for Fentanyl made in China and bound for the US. Perhaps a kidnapped hostage.
Peru has a long history of Sendero Luminosa terrorists, members of the Peruvian communist party. Declining activity over the past 10 years but there are active remnants (Real Sendero Luminosa, Continuity Sendero Luminosa??? some did not go away you know)

The US in the last week or so has been flying home many US citizens stuck in Honduras due to Covid 19 restrictions.

If I had to guess, given the mention of two countries that are not adjacent, I wonder if there was a military extraction from Peru followed by flight home from Honduras in a C130 or C17 which have been used to fly the stranded home. (C130 flight would make RyanAir seem posh)

If it was a military extraction my guess, given extracting one woman, would be one of the even numbered USN SEAL teams from Little Creek or the team with no number at Dam Neck.

If it was a SEAL activity we may not hear much more. They are usually rather close mouthed. The son of a friend is a LCDR who commands a SEAL task unit. Even his father, a retired CAPT who was cleared Yankee White does not know where the son is when deployed.

Joint Chiefs Chairman Gen. Mark Milley, who "took care of it. We went in and we got her out, but that was rough stuff."

Wuff stuff, is that the woke for 'extreme prejudice' ? Jeremy to send flowers?

Interesting
Honduras is very high crime with powerful drug cartels. In recent years a transfer point for Fentanyl made in China and bound for the US. Perhaps a kidnapped hostage.
Peru has a long history of Sendero Luminosa terrorists, members of the Peruvian communist party. Declining activity over the past 10 years but there are active remnants (Real Sendero Luminosa, Continuity Sendero Luminosa??? some did not go away you know)

The US in the last week or so has been flying home many US citizens stuck in Honduras due to Covid 19 restrictions.

If I had to guess, given the mention of two countries that are not adjacent, I wonder if there was a military extraction from Peru followed by flight home from Honduras in a C130 or C17 which have been used to fly the stranded home. (C130 flight would make RyanAir seem posh)

If it was a military extraction my guess, given extracting one woman, would be one of the even numbered USN SEAL teams from Little Creek or the team with no number at Dam Neck.

If it was a SEAL activity we may not hear much more. They are usually rather close mouthed. The son of a friend is a LCDR who commands a SEAL task unit. Even his father, a retired CAPT who was cleared Yankee White does not know where the son is when deployed.
It's not like the SEALs write many books or anything!

You mean DevGroup. Or Seal Team-6 as they are sometimes known?
Yes but they might have changed again. Hard to know about them

Surprised POTUS not named the SEAL Team yet, but surely to be them.
Rangers & Delta Force normally to big for a clandestine behind the lines missions.

Would not be too surprised if British XXX*, XXX, XXX & Box 6 operational also & in country.

Note: * for security purposes, fill in the blanks
Typically US Rangers operate in Company strength minimum

One wonders if it was a female operative from one of the three letter acronymn agencies who might have gotten into a sticky situation either in Venezuela, or Colombia.
well Peru and Honduras were mentioned as helping, both not exactly neighbors of Venezuela or Colombia

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Military Clothing & Boots 7
Oyibo The NAAFI Bar 830
Raven2008 Royal Air Force 281

Latest Threads