US Deploying to Gulf

Are you done with that pedestal??

Europe is many things, honest and sincere are not qualities that could be used in those descriptions. Hypocrite however does fit the mold.

The US has the right and the ability to tell Europe to go kick rocks. Let’s be honest they couldn’t come up with a military option with all their collective might. Libya was proof of that. America is going the route of unilateralism because Europe does not have the ability to get into any high end fight without massive amounts of support.
So a few posts ago it was "woe is me, we're all alone and Europe won't help us" but now it's "Europe can f*** off, we don't want them anyway"?

I could say if, but since it is Iran they are cheating. They should be taken seriously and dealt with if necessary.

This won’t be a prolonged drawn out insurgency. This will be a short lived beat down. No occupation, no nation building, just killing your way to victory.
So it's going to be just like Iraq then? A short quick war and you'll be home by Christmas for rounds of "mission accomplished" banners, medals, book deals, and Hollywood movie series?

And "killing your way to victory"? Really? This isn't a video game where you score points based on how many pixels you kill.

I realise that the US has relatively little experience with war compared to many other countries, so you may want to read a bit of non-American history where you can learn that the enemy has a say in the matter too.

This isn't an exercise where the results are decided in advance. If and when war kicks off, Iran may not be interested in following the script you send them and may ignore your indignant protests when they decide to conduct the war how and where they see their advantage as being rather than yours.

Good luck with the war, and excuse the laughter coming from Moscow. They can't help being amused at seeing that you never seem to learn from your mistakes.

So a few posts ago it was "woe is me, we're all alone and Europe won't help us" but now it's "Europe can f*** off, we don't want them anyway"?

So it's going to be just like Iraq then? A short quick war and you'll be home by Christmas for rounds of "mission accomplished" banners, medals, book deals, and Hollywood movie series?

And "killing your way to victory"? Really? This isn't a video game where you score points based on how many pixels you kill.

I realise that the US has relatively little experience with war compared to many other countries, so you may want to read a bit of non-American history where you can learn that the enemy has a say in the matter too.

This isn't an exercise where the results are decided in advance. If and when war kicks off, Iran may not be interested in following the script you send them and may ignore your indignant protests when they decide to conduct the war how and where they see their advantage as being rather than yours.

Good luck with the war, and excuse the laughter coming from Moscow. They can't help being amused at seeing that you never seem to learn from your mistakes.
The point was that the actions of the Spaniards REINFORCE THE POINT that Americans are getting quite used to going it alone. Not the pity party woes me feast you seem to connect that to.

What do you think happens in a conventional fight?? This won't be a COIN op. It will be a fast paced high intensity naval and air campaign. I know you think this is still 1945, but we won't be sending thousand bomber raids to wipe out one target. Get with the OPLANS man!! You keep forgetting that we have some very nasty sticks to throw around.

You realize that America has been in the longest era of not peace in our short punchy history? I understand you is a Canuck but really??

Grey Fox

*Russian Troll*
What do you think happens in a conventional fight?? This won't be a COIN op. It will be a fast paced high intensity naval and air campaign. I know you think this is still 1945, but we won't be sending thousand bomber raids to wipe out one target. Get with the OPLANS man!! You keep forgetting that we have some very nasty sticks to throw around.
I'll say you, what will be in a conventional fight. Step one - Iran will mine the Strait of Hormoz and block deliver of oil throught it, and raise up Shii Militia in Iraq, Houthis in Yemen and Hezbollah in Lebadon. Step two - for 10% of the sudden profit (from raised oil prices), Russia sell to Iran some old Iskanders with nuclear warheads (formally, through DPRK). Step 3 - game became non-conventional, oil prices fly up as birds, millions of refugees run in Europe, Jewish lobby in Washington start anti-war hysteria. Step four - Iran load another nuclear device in a ship and blast this brander in the port of New York, and that means collapse of dollar's Ponzi scheme and the second civil war within USA

I'll say you, what will be in a conventional fight. Step one - Iran will mine the Strait of Hormoz and block deliver of oil throught it, and raise up Shii Militia in Iraq, Houthis in Yemen and Hezbollah in Lebadon. Step two - for 10% of the sudden profit (from raised oil prices), Russia sell to Iran some old Iskanders with nuclear warheads (formally, through DPRK). Step 3 - game became non-conventional, oil prices fly up as birds, millions of refugees run in Europe, Jewish lobby in Washington start anti-war hysteria. Step four - Iran load another nuclear device in a ship and blast this brander in the port of New York, and that means collapse of dollar's Ponzi scheme and the second civil war within USA
Do you at least make good coin compared to the run of the mill ruskie being a troll?

The point was that the actions of the Spaniards REINFORCE THE POINT that Americans are getting quite used to going it alone. Not the pity party woes me feast you seem to connect that to.

You realize that America has been in the longest era of not peace in our short punchy history? I understand you is a Canuck but really??
So (just to annoy some) you invite (not you personally, you understand) a country to come along on a training exercise some two years ago. When they rock up you then say, "OK, we might turn this into a real war and attack a foreign country on our own recognisance, no need to ask your senate if that's OK. And, no, we don't need any UN approval cos we is Americans, you see and we have this here dossier to prove it. Just come along and you might be able to fire a few shots yourself if we let you".

Nope, I think people might be getting a bit pissed off with the new Empire building by the US. It didn't work in the Far East so trying to coerce others to help after the previous excursions into the area, the increase in terrorist activity and a pretty effed up ending to it all hasn't helped.

(Again, apologies, but what was "You realize that America has been in the longest era of not peace in our short punchy history? " supposed to mean?)

If Iran ever happens, Iraq will be considered like a walk in a park.

It's such a mental idea to even comprehend.

Might as well nuke the whole of ME and be done with - once and for all. Will save some troops.

(...) What do you think happens in a conventional fight?? This won't be a COIN op. It will be a fast paced high intensity naval and air campaign. (...)
What makes you think it won't be a COIN op? Do you think it won't just because you don't want it to be? Iraq wasn't supposed to be a COIN op. How did that turn out after many years and many billions of dollars?

Get with the OPLANS man!! You keep forgetting that we have some very nasty sticks to throw around. (...)
"Get with the plan"? Wasn't my point that the Iranians may not agree to get with your plan but instead fight the war the way they want to instead?

This is the root of your problem. You seem to think that just because you want to fight the war in the way you want to fight it, and limit it to the territories and targets you want to limit it to, that the Iranians will agree to this. Why should they?

If you want to fight a war with Iran, go right ahead. But if you are just going to turn around and run away if the Iranians don't play the game the way you want them to, then be prepared for the world wide derision that will follow.

What makes you think it won't be a COIN op? Do you think it won't just because you don't want it to be? Iraq wasn't supposed to be a COIN op. How did that turn out after many years and many billions of dollars?

"Get with the plan"? Wasn't my point that the Iranians may not agree to get with your plan but instead fight the war the way they want to instead?

This is the root of your problem. You seem to think that just because you want to fight the war in the way you want to fight it, and limit it to the territories and targets you want to limit it to, that the Iranians will agree to this. Why should they?

If you want to fight a war with Iran, go right ahead. But if you are just going to turn around and run away if the Iranians don't play the game the way you want them to, then be prepared for the world wide derision that will follow.
Nobody cares to nation build anymore.
We don't have the strategic lift assets to move the required forces overnight to invade Iran. Moving a division is a logistically complicated task.... Iran would require several. So unless you start seeing elements like the 1st Armored/1st Cav/Big Red One or the Broken Television preparing to deploy in mass as well as the 18th Airborne Corps, USMC, and National Guard we can rule that scenario out.

Iran can always escalate and use their proxies but the Iraqis have already been told that we will not even bother to consult them with ops in Iraq.

You are talking about an updated version of Earnest Will in the making. If you do recall we have fought the Iranians in the Gulf before.

Operation Earnest Will - Wikipedia

1557955659756.png

The last time we went at it the Iranians got a message.

Operation Praying Mantis - Wikipedia

The UAE have decided to play things cool for now, and are not accusing anyone yet of being behind the recent damage to ships off their coast.
www.cbc.ca/news/world/u-a-e-tanker-sabotage-saudi-arabia-u-s-iran-1.5137560?cmp=rss
"We need to emphasize caution and good judgment. It is easy to throw accusations but it is a difficult situation, there are serious issues and among them is Iranian behaviour," he said, mentioning concern about Iran's missiles and regional policy.
Apparently they have brought the French into the investigation as well as the Americans.
"We will actually with our partners also be deliberate in considering our response, what to do about it, how to deal with it," he said, adding that the United States and France are helping with the probe.
Norway and Saudi Arabia are also involved to some degree as it was their ships which were damaged.
A U.A.E. official had told Reuters that Saudi Arabia and Norway were also involved. A Norwegian-registered oil products tanker was among the vessels hit, along with two Saudi tankers and a U.A.E. fuel bunker barge.

I’d be very surprised if the attacks on the tankers and pumping stations were anything but Iran (or their convenient proxy) making clear in their unique language that the Straits of Hormuz and the world’s oil supply are vulnerable to their ‘goodwill’, following the latest US sanctions against their oil industry.

The US strike buildup and public reminder of its abilities to rapidly deploy 120 000 troops are the response, clearly stating that they disagree.

‘Ger orf moi land’ v ‘Nah mate, we’s ere to stay blud’. Except with bangy stuff.