US Deploying to Gulf

How so? A training exercise agreed 2 years ago gets a mission change to a bit more bellicose. Maybe no terms of agreement by the Spanish parliament so come home while we talk about it (it's what most politicians do).

Don't think many countries would be so eager to do a Blair sucking up to Bush any more. And, I imagine, a real bit of evidence to do so would be a necessity.
Well, in Spain the news has had a big impact. The frigate deployment (which is the third of an F-100 frigate in a US Navy task force), was approved by a conservative government in 2016. It included the Persian Gulf and the South China Sea. In 2018 a left-wing government came to power, and in order to avoid friction with the Spanish Navy and the US it was maintained. Until the Combat Group reached the Indian Ocean and the crisis with Iran erupted this week. Now the left-wing government, which won a general election two weeks ago and is campaigning for municipal and regional elections in ten days' time, has felt the ground tremble beneath its feet. It has even announced, through the mouth of a minister, that the frigate is retiring 'because Donald Trump is unpredictable, he can start a war for no reason and drag Spain along.'

Now everyone is waiting for America's reaction.

Well it only goes to reinforce the belief for many that America stands alone. Take it for what you will, but don't complain when nobody asks for thoughts and opinions across the pond.
That would be the US that is alone because they unilaterally pulled out of an agreement with Europe and then started making threats against Europeans? That would be the US that told Europe **** off, not only have I changed my mind and don't want your help any more, but I'm going to do everything in my power to stop you as well? That US?

The US is like the alcoholic who screams abuse at everyone who tries to help and tells them to go away, and then weeps into his bottle over how he's all alone in the world. Take a good look at yourself in the mirror some time instead of sitting about feeling sorry for yourself. You might be surprised at what you see once you take the rose tinted shooting glasses off.

The Spanish frigate was doing a round the world cruise and was sailing in the company of some US ships for the sake of conducting training exercises. The US have decided they don't want to work with anyone else on Iran, so the Spanish have done the sensible thing and said "fine, go do your own thing, let us know if it works out any better than Iraq or Afghanistan did". The Spanish have probably got better things to do with the next 10 years and 100 billion euros than to piss it away on a war they have no interest in because some idiot in Washington wants to feel important.

That would be the US that is alone because they unilaterally pulled out of an agreement with Europe and then started making threats against Europeans? That would be the US that told Europe **** off, not only have I changed my mind and don't want your help any more, but I'm going to do everything in my power to stop you as well? That US?

The US is like the alcoholic who screams abuse at everyone who tries to help and tells them to go away, and then weeps into his bottle over how he's all alone in the world. Take a good look at yourself in the mirror some time instead of sitting about feeling sorry for yourself. You might be surprised at what you see once you take the rose tinted shooting glasses off.

The Spanish frigate was doing a round the world cruise and was sailing in the company of some US ships for the sake of conducting training exercises. The US have decided they don't want to work with anyone else on Iran, so the Spanish have done the sensible thing and said "fine, go do your own thing, let us know if it works out any better than Iraq or Afghanistan did". The Spanish have probably got better things to do with the next 10 years and 100 billion euros than to piss it away on a war they have no interest in because some idiot in Washington wants to feel important.
Are you done with that pedestal??

Europe is many things, honest and sincere are not qualities that could be used in those descriptions. Hypocrite however does fit the mold.

The US has the right and the ability to tell Europe to go kick rocks. Let’s be honest they couldn’t come up with a military option with all their collective might. Libya was proof of that. America is going the route of unilateralism because Europe does not have the ability to get into any high end fight without massive amounts of support.

I could say if, but since it is Iran they are cheating. They should be taken seriously and dealt with if necessary.

This won’t be a prolonged drawn out insurgency. This will be a short lived beat down. No occupation, no nation building, just killing your way to victory.

Grey Fox

*Russian Troll*
Europe is many things, honest and sincere are not qualities that could be used in those descriptions. Hypocrite however does fit the mold.
You just dont understand some of European languages (at least in their polite forms). May be, Norwegian can be better?
SAVE_20190515_073457.jpeg

The US has the right and the ability to tell Europe to go kick rocks. Let’s be honest they couldn’t come up with a military option with all their collective might. Libya was proof of that. America is going the route of unilateralism because Europe does not have the ability to get into any high end fight without massive amounts of support.
Depends of definition. It is correct, only if you means Western Europe or, may be, EU. If you mean "Big Europe", including Russia, then you are wrong. Russia can use and actually use military power as an option.

I could say if, but since it is Iran they are cheating. They should be taken seriously and dealt with if necessary.
No proves. Still "highly likely".

This won’t be a prolonged drawn out insurgency. This will be a short lived beat down. No occupation, no nation building, just killing your way to victory.
So, USA will have control over oil and gas (and will have a profit from raised prices), and Europe will have at least 80 millions of refugees and economical collapse because of raised oil and gas prices. It is not a fairy deal even in the 'optimistic' scenario. In the 'pessimistic' scenario USA get 1,5 thousands of strategic nukes, and Latino-American invasion and European members of NATO get more than 7 thousands of tactical nukess and Russian jackboots on their soil.

Last edited: