US Deploying to Gulf

Looks like the US are bolstering troops in the Gulf after the tankers were sabotaged off the UAE coast. Reports of 120,000 troops being sent to Saudi and the Gulf region.

Could we be looking at Gulf 3 in the coming days?

Linky Thingy

Looks like the US are bolstering troops in the Gulf after the tankers were sabotaged off the UAE coast. Reports of 120,000 troops being sent to Saudi and the Gulf region.

Could we be looking at Gulf 3 in the coming days?

Linky Thingy

Hells bloody teeth!....here we go again, when will the world stop poking their nose into other country's business, I suspect there is a silent underlying motive apart from the usual "Protecting our- the worlds, oil- money investments, or are the yanks sucking up to the towel heads, again. FFS there is enough tension bordering on a hot war around the globe, WTF are the septic's up too?

Givign assessment with no evidence.

A U.S. official in Washington, without offering any evidence, told the AP that an American military team’s initial assessment indicated Iran or Iranian allies used explosives to blow holes in the ships. The official, who was not authorized to discuss the investigation, agreed to reveal the findings only if not quoted by name. The U.S. Navy’s 5th Fleet, which patrols the Mideast and operates from a base in Fujairah, has repeatedly declined to comment.
Satellite images show no major damage to 'sabotaged' ships

I always liked the altered lyrics...

We fought in 1917,
Rum-ta-ta tum-tum-tum!
And drove the tyrant from the scene,
Rum-ta-ta tum-tum-tum!
We're in a bigger, better war
For your patriotic pastime.
We don't know what we're fighting for —
But we didn't know the last time!

So load the cannon! Draw the blade!
Rum-ta-ta tum-tum-tum!
Come on, and join the Big Parade!
Rum-ta-ta tum-tum,
Rum-ta-ta tum-tum,
Rum-ta-ta tum-tum-tum!

US aren’t bolstering anything except for what is already in the works. The article is just a possible scenario for deployments in the case of escalation by the Iranians. The news over here in North America is calling it for what it is, posturing, and the op’s article is just another variation. Trump’s #1 priority is getting re-elected, starting a shooting war with Iran will finish his presidency and he won’t risk that....

Last edited:

Grey Fox

*Russian Troll*
If we are serious about dealing with these regimes, then double the budget and build an overwhelming advantage.... Otherwise, their is at present zero appetite in the nation, or any nation for conflict and sabre rattling is a very dangerous game of bluff, which gives the initiative to the other side to embarrass us in non-conventional ways and really embarrass us if things go full kinetic.

If we are serious about dealing with these regimes, then double the budget and build an overwhelming advantage..../QUOTE]

Can I just check which regimes? Genuine question.

Trump’s #1 priority is getting re-elected, starting a shooting war with Iran will finish his presidency and he won’t risk that....
Nah, reelection is his #2 priority.

His #1 priority is "not being impeached". Tricky, but not impossible. Get a tame AG to declare that Mueller didn't find anything, refuse to release the full report, refuse to allow staff to be called before the House, ignore or fight any subpoenas. Non-cooperation only goes so far, but no-one's going to impeach a leader during wartime - it would be unpatriotic...

Spain dont want to join this party. They understand, that it can be finished badly. Very badly for Spain (and Europe).

"Spain withdraws the ‘Méndez Núñez ' frigate from the US battle group in the Persian Gulf

Robles has ordered the ship, with 215 sailors, to stop accompanying the aircraft carrier 'Abraham Lincoln' in the face of escalating tension with Iran."

España retira la fragata ‘Méndez Núñez’ del grupo de combate de EE UU en el golfo Pérsico
Caramba! We can't have one of our warships in a battle group, that's not what they are for.

Yeah, righto.

Its not a genuine question.. But to answer you, it depends on your own point of view. China is the only real threat to the US, in our case everybody is a threat given the size of our present armed forces.

On Iran, its a mystery to me what interests we have in the Persian gulf anymore.

Spain dont want to join this party. They understand, that it can be finished badly. Very badly for Spain (and Europe).

"Spain withdraws the ‘Méndez Núñez ' frigate from the US battle group in the Persian Gulf

Robles has ordered the ship, with 215 sailors, to stop accompanying the aircraft carrier 'Abraham Lincoln' in the face of escalating tension with Iran."

España retira la fragata ‘Méndez Núñez’ del grupo de combate de EE UU en el golfo Pérsico
Surely warships change operational control all the time? Is there any evidence this was purely political?

We fought in 1917,
Rum-ta-ta tum-tum-tum!
Rum-ta-ta tum-tum-tum!

Rum-ta-ta tum-tum-tum!
Rum-ta-ta tum-tum,
Rum-ta-ta tum-tum,
Rum-ta-ta tum-tum-tum!
If, however, it was underwater sabotage would their be any signs that could seen from above? Iran and Iranian proxies have that capability. Of course, so do many others.

Its not a genuine question.. But to answer you, it depends on your own point of view. China is the only real threat to the US, in our case everybody is a threat given the size of our present armed forces.

On Iran, its a mystery to me what interests we have in the Persian gulf anymore.
The free flow of oil and gas. Threaten that and price of Oil goes up, which hits everyone.

The free flow of oil and gas. Threaten that and price of Oil goes up, which hits everyone.
I am sure the Oil companies are already whacking 2-5p per litre on the current price.

We fought in 1917,
Rum-ta-ta tum-tum-tum!
Rum-ta-ta tum-tum-tum!

Rum-ta-ta tum-tum-tum!
Rum-ta-ta tum-tum,
Rum-ta-ta tum-tum,
Rum-ta-ta tum-tum-tum!
Is this:

1. Real trouble, or
2. "let's make shit up so that the military industrial complex and corporations can maintain their profit's".

Surely warships change operational control all the time? Is there any evidence this was purely political?

If, however, it was underwater sabotage would their be any signs that could seen from above? Iran and Iranian proxies have that capability. Of course, so do many others.

Does it? I would expect a rise in oil prices benefits Iran for certain. But also every other oil producer immeasurably as well... Given the urgency of moving away from fossil fuels, it will only encourage nations to move away from oil that much quicker.

Bagl0ck

On ROPS
On ROPs

Colonial hangover, plus selling kit to the Saudis