US considering foreign warships and technology

I am guessing it is just the designs they want, not actual foreign built ships?

I am guessing it is just the designs they want, not actual foreign built ships?
Wouldn't be the first time. Canberra and harrier are good examples.
Still, plenty of money to be made in licensing even if not good for UK jobs.

Wouldn't be the first time. Canberra and harrier are good examples.
Still, plenty of money to be made in licensing even if not good for UK jobs.
Was curious, because I can't see old Donny allowing the purchase of foreign ships.

Highly unlikely they'd want overseas build.

Their problem is that they've forgotten how to design (as noted in the article). This is where "batch building" of one design (Arleigh Burke) since the late 80s, while designing only the madness of DDG1000 and the rather odd requirements of both LCS results in the lack of a workforce who have an instinctive grasp of what is / isn't feasible. T26 has been a similar serial for the RN/MoD/UK industry.

Yokel

LE
What will Donald say?

Their problem is that they've forgotten how to design (as noted in the article). This is where "batch building" of one design (Arleigh Burke) since the late 80s, while designing only the madness of DDG1000 and the rather odd requirements of both LCS results in the lack of a workforce who have an instinctive grasp of what is / isn't feasible. T26 has been a similar serial for the RN/MoD/UK industry.
Doesn't Zumwalt run on Rolls-Royce engines?

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
We keep hearing on these threads that USN have one man, one job, whereas we have one man doing several jobs.

Begs the question, Would our designs be capable of carrying significantly more crew?

Could T26 have an outside hope given the article and the point about the FREMM having a poor ASW performance and the US needing to up their game in that respect as well as the point that T26 is adaptable to Australian defence requirements - which are similar to the US... so could the T26 not be as adaptable to the US requirements?

We keep hearing on these threads that USN have one man, one job, whereas we have one man doing several jobs.

Begs the question, Would our designs be capable of carrying significantly more crew?
I imagine it wouldnt be outwith the relms of possibility to change the accom on an USN 26 to a more austeer US level that could hold more people.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

What will Donald say?
Seems like his civillian generals are beginning to rein him in.. 'foreign yards' build domestic US ships, why not a T26 design. It would be an awesome coup, if we had a strong team of international negotiators...

I'll get my coat.

AIUI they're quite keen on the T45s...
Now, they understand there is a problem with the LCS but I doubt they would seriously consider changing their ABs. As the grown ups say, steel costs little, it is the technology that counts and AEGIS is winning ashore orders as we speak let alone the floating kind.

I imagine it wouldnt be outwith the relms of possibility to change the accom on an USN 26 to a more austeer US level that could hold more people.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
It's not just a matter of more beds. It's an increase in ventilation, food storage and production, sewage treatment, water production and storage...

Zero.
It's not just a matter of more beds. It's an increase in ventilation, food storage and production, sewage treatment, water production and storage...
Ice cream makers...don't forget the ice cream makers!

Regards,
MM

Latest Threads