US Coffins : Pat Tillman

Discussion in 'Multinational HQ' started by Iraqi_DMI, Apr 24, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. As much as it really galls me to give some credit to an american or a brit, the story of Pat Tillman shows that there are still some americans out there with real balls and a sense of patriotism:

He could have been accused of being naieve or misguided for laying his life on the line for all those obeise compatriots who have to drive across the road for their McDonalds. One of whom will almost certainly be working on the film script as I type here. How much of the profit from that film will go to Tillman's preferred charities??

There can never be any doubt that Tillman had the "right stuff"

How brave the Yankee fat cats that have been making a fat buck over dodgy deals here in Iraq, without leaving home?? Interesting to see how your premiere division responds when Britain finally gets its 9/11 :wink:
  2. Care to expand?
  3. Full story HERE

A good man gone, and his surviving family let down by his Army.
  4. A brave guy. I,m not sure about the rest of your comments though - why do you not want to give credit to a British or American ??
  5. Killed by his own unit, Army tried to cover it up but the truth eventually came out.
  6. WTF?
  7. Why, what is your beef with us? What is your nationality, and if you are so anti, why are you on this site?
    Frankly, you come across as a petty agitator. If you're really after a bite, I suggest you find a large dog and kick it.
  8. I don't think I'm wrong in saying he's Iraqi.
  9. Good guy for giving up millions to defend his country. But there are a few hundred thousand who do it everyday as well. I don't think he deserves any more credit than anyone else who gave their lives up for something greather than themselves.

And the way he died, pretty crappy in my opinion. I still have no idea why they would try and hide the truth. He was misidentified by his own unit members and accidentally shot. Elite rangers eh! :)

ANd just poking fun before anyone get's their undies in a twist.
  10. Trip_Wire

Trip_Wire RIP

In looking at and reading your post I see a 'Troll' at work! :thumbdown:

What is the point you are trying to make here? Yes Ranger Pat Tillman, was an American patriot! He gave up a lucrative career to become a soldier, so what! Like many others who enlisted after 911. The biggest difference? He not only signed up he wanted to become an Airborne Ranger! Not the easiest task around for any new soldier.

To become an elite Airborne Ranger is not an easy task. After leaving basic training, one must go through the Airborne school, (Jump School) Ranger Indoctrination Program (RIP) and eventually the Ranger school, as well as being accepted by the Ranger BN that you are assigned too.

He was KIA by a Blue on Blue incident by his fellow Rangers — Shitte happens! I have no idea why the Army did what it did! Nor do I think it has anything to do with the thread. BTW: Tillman was KIA in Afganistan not Iraq, his brother who survived was in the same unit!

As for your comments about not giving credit to Americans and/or Brits WTF is that all about? Typical Troll tactics!

BTW: Here is a real creditable American hero, and there are many others in both Iraq and Afganistan!

IMHO your whole tread belongs in the :toilet: :pissedoff: :threaten:
  11. Trip_Wire

Trip_Wire RIP

"Elite rangers eh! "
    Careful there, you're on VERY thin ice! ;) :plotting:
  12. Trip, don't get me started on those a**holes from 2nd BN...grrr...
  13. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Guys check the date of the post FFS. He's long gone.....
  14. Trip_Wire

Trip_Wire RIP

Virgil, what is your problems with the 2nd BN. 75th Ranger Regiment. I have always maintained a good relationship with the Rangers and Staff of thet 2nd BN. I have a good friend, that is a First Sgt of one of the companies. He's a Canadian by birth. His Brother also served in that BN as well, as the Foreign Legion. (2nd REP)

I have been invited and attended (As a Korean War Ranger & honored guest.) thier Annual Ranger Balls, Change of Command and Medal awards ceremonies, as well as some training demos.

I have always thought that they were just what they were supposed to be an elite airborne light infantry soldiers. I was also impressed with the soldiers, NCOs and Officers that I met socially. The soldiers are of course, for the most part, very young kids, that are highly trained and motivated but lack the maturity and military experience, of soldiers in Special Forces Groups.

There have been a couple of incidents lately with Rangers from that BN, the Bank robbery in Tacoma (Discussed here on ARRSE) and lately some 3 Rangers arrested for an assualt outside a Pub, that has been declared a hate crime. (Racial)

So whats your beef? :plotting:
  15. Trip_Wire

Trip_Wire RIP

Well, I see you are right! How the hell did it get started again?

On the other hand, who cares! Apparently it wasn't jumped on then and it sure as hell should have been! :threaten: :pissedoff: