• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

US Coffins : Pat Tillman

As much as it really galls me to give some credit to an american or a brit, the story of Pat Tillman shows that there are still some americans out there with real balls and a sense of patriotism: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_pictures/3654879.stm

He could have been accused of being naieve or misguided for laying his life on the line for all those obeise compatriots who have to drive across the road for their McDonalds. One of whom will almost certainly be working on the film script as I type here. How much of the profit from that film will go to Tillman's preferred charities??

There can never be any doubt that Tillman had the "right stuff"

How brave the Yankee fat cats that have been making a fat buck over dodgy deals here in Iraq, without leaving home?? Interesting to see how your premiere division responds when Britain finally gets its 9/11 :wink:

A brave guy. I,m not sure about the rest of your comments though - why do you not want to give credit to a British or American ??

Iraqi_DMI said:
As much as it really galls me to give some credit to an american or a brit,
Why, what is your beef with us? What is your nationality, and if you are so anti, why are you on this site?
Frankly, you come across as a petty agitator. If you're really after a bite, I suggest you find a large dog and kick it.

Good guy for giving up millions to defend his country. But there are a few hundred thousand who do it everyday as well. I don't think he deserves any more credit than anyone else who gave their lives up for something greather than themselves.

And the way he died, pretty crappy in my opinion. I still have no idea why they would try and hide the truth. He was misidentified by his own unit members and accidentally shot. Elite rangers eh! :)

ANd just poking fun before anyone get's their undies in a twist.

Iraqi_DMI:

In looking at and reading your post I see a 'Troll' at work! :thumbdown:

What is the point you are trying to make here? Yes Ranger Pat Tillman, was an American patriot! He gave up a lucrative career to become a soldier, so what! Like many others who enlisted after 911. The biggest difference? He not only signed up he wanted to become an Airborne Ranger! Not the easiest task around for any new soldier.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pat_Tillman

To become an elite Airborne Ranger is not an easy task. After leaving basic training, one must go through the Airborne school, (Jump School) Ranger Indoctrination Program (RIP) and eventually the Ranger school, as well as being accepted by the Ranger BN that you are assigned too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Army_Rangers

http://www.goarmy.com/ranger/

http://www.soc.mil/75thrr/75th_home.htm

He was KIA by a Blue on Blue incident by his fellow Rangers — Shitte happens! I have no idea why the Army did what it did! Nor do I think it has anything to do with the thread. BTW: Tillman was KIA in Afganistan not Iraq, his brother who survived was in the same unit!

As for your comments about not giving credit to Americans and/or Brits WTF is that all about? Typical Troll tactics!

BTW: Here is a real creditable American hero, and there are many others in both Iraq and Afganistan!

http://www.army.mil/cmh-pg/mohiraq.htm

IMHO your whole tread belongs in the :toilet: :pissedoff: :threaten:

Virgil said:
Trip_Wire said:
D-4

"Elite rangers eh! "
Careful there, you're on VERY thin ice! ;) :plotting:
Trip, don't get me started on those a**holes from 2nd BN...grrr...
Virgil, what is your problems with the 2nd BN. 75th Ranger Regiment. I have always maintained a good relationship with the Rangers and Staff of thet 2nd BN. I have a good friend, that is a First Sgt of one of the companies. He's a Canadian by birth. His Brother also served in that BN as well, as the Foreign Legion. (2nd REP)

I have been invited and attended (As a Korean War Ranger & honored guest.) thier Annual Ranger Balls, Change of Command and Medal awards ceremonies, as well as some training demos.

I have always thought that they were just what they were supposed to be an elite airborne light infantry soldiers. I was also impressed with the soldiers, NCOs and Officers that I met socially. The soldiers are of course, for the most part, very young kids, that are highly trained and motivated but lack the maturity and military experience, of soldiers in Special Forces Groups.

There have been a couple of incidents lately with Rangers from that BN, the Bank robbery in Tacoma (Discussed here on ARRSE) and lately some 3 Rangers arrested for an assualt outside a Pub, that has been declared a hate crime. (Racial)

So whats your beef? :plotting:

Ord_Sgt said:
Guys check the date of the post FFS. He's long gone.....
Well, I see you are right! How the hell did it get started again?

On the other hand, who cares! Apparently it wasn't jumped on then and it sure as hell should have been! :threaten: :pissedoff:

Trip_Wire said:
Ord_Sgt said:

On the other hand, who cares! Apparently it wasn't jumped on then and it sure as hell should have been! :threaten: :pissedoff:
Why should it have been jumped on exactly?

Haha about those second bat guys! Man we've ran into a few asshats from that unit. Including my former Plt Sgt who ducked into the vehicle once we were thrust into a 2 mile long near ambush by the enemy! Lead from the front my ass!

But I like most Rangers, I have a few friends in second bat. And plenty who have come from second bat. But sometimes they take their "hooah" attitude a little too far in thinking they are the absolute BEST at everything.

One night when we came back from our deployment, we had a few 2nd bat guys come over. Some friends. Well one started running his mouth about us and well...it turned into a fist fight. lol. My buddy punched one dude in the mouth and broke his jaw, and broke his hand in the process of doing so!

I'm not saying all ranger regiment guys are like that, but i've just run into quite a few of those who think their shit don't stink ya know.

Ord_Sgt said:
Trip_Wire said:
Ord_Sgt said:

Why should it have been jumped on exactly?
I guess you didn't read this.:

T_W's reply:
Quote:

Iraqi_DMI:

"In looking at and reading your post I see a 'Troll' at work!

What is the point you are trying to make here? Yes Ranger Pat Tillman, was an American patriot! He gave up a lucrative career to become a soldier, so what! Like many others who enlisted after 911. The biggest difference? He not only signed up he wanted to become an Airborne Ranger! Not the easiest task around for any new soldier.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pat_Tillman

To become an elite Airborne Ranger is not an easy task. After leaving basic training, one must go through the Airborne school, (Jump School) Ranger Indoctrination Program (RIP) and eventually the Ranger school, as well as being accepted by the Ranger BN that you are assigned too.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...my_Rangers

www.goarmy.com/ranger/

www.soc.mil/75thrr/75th_home.htm

He was KIA by a Blue on Blue incident by his fellow Rangers — Shitte happens! I have no idea why the Army did what it did! Nor do I think it has anything to do with the thread. BTW: Tillman was KIA in Afganistan not Iraq, his brother who survived was in the same unit!

As for your comments about not giving credit to Americans and/or Brits WTF is that all about? Typical Troll tactics!

BTW: Here is a real creditable American hero, and there are many others in both Iraq and Afganistan!

www.army.mil/cmh-pg/mohiraq.htm

IMHO your whole tread belongs in the :toilet:

Trip_Wire said:
Virgil said:
Trip_Wire said:
D-4

"Elite rangers eh! "
Careful there, you're on VERY thin ice! ;) :plotting:
Trip, don't get me started on those a**holes from 2nd BN...grrr...
Virgil, what is your problems with the 2nd BN. 75th Ranger Regiment...

So whats your beef? :plotting:
CMTC in the mid-90s. My detachment went w/2nd BN elements (can't remember which company was lead) as their tactical PSYOP support. They conducted some skill games, the usual--10k ruck for time, Land Nav, etc in three man teams. One of the PSYOP teams was in first place by the skin of their nose which apparently pissed someone off. So when it came to the range portion they f-d the team over by substituting soldiers into the two 2nd and 3d place teams made up of their best shots so our guys wouldn't win. Real petty BS.

In general they treated my soldiers like crap starting with a certain platoon SGT. I personally got into it with him to the point where we were toe to toe and ready to go at it. I was mentored as an NCO in airborne units on Bragg where other NCOs don't f**k with your soldiers just for the hell of it. Frankly it was a great disappointment to my guys who looked forward to working with them and doing their best.

I know it probably wasn't a good representation of 2nd BN, but it's the memory of them I have. As usual with a lot of things in life it comes down to personalities.

The irony is we developed a great relationship with 3rd BN out of Benning. The attitude of the Rangers on Benning at the time was that 2nd BN, being away from the flagpole (75th HQ), was a bit of a loose cannon.

Latest Threads