US bridge collapse

Just so you know, you are coming across as a bit of a twat.
That's the only true thing you've contributed to this thread.

Bit precious are we? Considering my only other contribution was questioning why it needed to be an innovative solution rather than a tried and tested one, you're talking shit.
Not at all, I just see a lot of Sherlocks out there. There are a lot of factors to be considered other than the video and the sound bites being offered.

Time will tell. Just wait. That is all.

Not at all, I just see a lot of Sherlocks out there. There are a lot of factors to be considered other than the video and the sound bites being offered.

Time will tell. Just wait. That is all.
You seem so tremendously offended by it all. Why?

You seem so tremendously offended by it all. Why?
Not at all. It's a tragic event and I have no doubt someone got something a tad wrong. I just hope the person that did is the one who is held to answer.

My point was and is that we armchair warriors know nowt about how this event initiated.

Not at all. It's a tragic event and I have no doubt someone got something a tad wrong. I just hope the person that did is the one who is held to answer.

My point was and is that we armchair warriors know nowt about how this event initiated.
But we can have a guess based on what we can see, using our knowledge of engineering. Why would that upset you?

SAFEGUARD!

Has anyone seen @meerkatz ? Here is a technical, public safety issue with an extensive legal dimension and he’s absent from keyboard. Conduct unbecoming an SME.

Best case is he’s under the bridge, worst is that he’s assisting whichever State or Federal agency leads the investigation into this sort of mess.
We all know that this is what you really meant.

Some of them can make informed propositions. Given your username, I’d have thought you’d be in that catagory or at least, understand the analysis of others.

The 9/11 conspiracy ARRSE civil war of circa 2005 sorted the actual engineers out from the Googling bullshitters. Some have moved on, some have died but the expertise and bullshit still exist in similar proportions.

Where is @meerkatz ?

Last edited:
It doesn't upset me.
Colour me fooled then.
So we can go back to speculation without you getting the arrse? Good.

Reviewing the following:
(Hopefully the link works, or the quote can be followed back to a link that does work.)

Initial failure seems to be in the location where the crane is, and there looks to be someone on the “roof” at the point of failure. Can’t see what goes first though.

They should have used a Bailey Bridge.
There's one in the lanes near to Cwrt y Gollen camp. Good little spot for trout fishing as well.

Its been there for donkeys years with no problems

They should have used a Bailey Bridge.
There's one in the lanes near to Cwrt y Gollen camp. Good little spot for trout fishing as well.

Its been there for donkeys years with no problems
There's one near me, remember it being there when I was a kid.

Was there a sell off to councils post war?

If they did, I find it strange as we trained on these late 80's.

You may come from Yorkshire but it's still 'root' you thick c*nt.
Not for the first time I shall admit defeat on this one.

My sword.